B-a-t-h

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
I finally have proof that my dogs just toy with me. I work on obedience training with them but I have been lazy since we have a big fenced in back yard.

Everyonce in awhile, I go out and run them through the routine and sometimes when I give a command, they look at me like I have 3 eyes and they've never ever heard that word before.

Well, how come they remember words like 'Bath' and 'Vet' after you say them once? :LOL: They can even remember the spelling after one time. V-E-T

I bring this up because not only are we going to the vet tomorrow but they are also getting a bath. I have no idea where the dogs are at this minute since they heard me make the appointments. :ROFLMAO:

The cat I had Hobbes was even worse... he could feel the suspicious vibe without my uttering anything when that sort of occasion arose,, he would detect the slight tension in my voice when I call out on him he knew immediately I was up to no good. He would run under the bed and squat, it was always a mega operation dragging him out. Good thing he had no violence or aggressiveness in his bones, I could have been shredded in pieces otherwise!!

They are much smarter than they allow us to think, aren't they!

Raisin knows the bath word too and HATES IT! I actually said it to the boy on the phone last night and her ears perked up. I keep tellling her now, "you are sooo getting a BATH this weekend!!"

She has spent half the day sleeping upstairs!!!! LOL!

So explain to me then how Abby knows the tub is running for her? Its not like we don't use the tub everyday, and even if we don't use the word, she somehow knows that tub is for her and she slinks away and hides under the coffee table. Yes, 75lbs of dog attempting to hide under a Queen Anne coffee table. I never claimed she was brilliant, just that she could read my mind.

Alix said:
So explain to me then how Abby knows the tub is running for her? Its not like we don't use the tub everyday, and even if we don't use the word, she somehow knows that tub is for her and she slinks away and hides under the coffee table. Yes, 75lbs of dog attempting to hide under a Queen Anne coffee table. I never claimed she was brilliant, just that she could read my mind.

That is soooo true. :ROFLMAO: We have washed the dogs in the bathtub and they CAN tell when it's their bath water. I guess because we aren't doing the normal things (like getting undressed and getting out fresh clothes). They start ducking around very low and peeking at us out of the corner of their eyes....as they try to find a place to hide (90# and 70#). Yeah, they're hard to find.:LOL:

Do not ask for whom the water runs.
It runs for thee. :-p

Our dog didn't mind the vet until she had to have surgery on her ear last year. Now she hides behind me when the vet comes in.

I can say things to her like "squirrel" and she'll cock her head to the side and look at me. If I say it again, she'll jump up and start whining to be let outside. She wants to find that squirrel.

I agree with all of you ! We have a Toy Puddle 12yrs.old, when it time for his appt. to be groomed, he knows for some reason and hides under the kitchen table. Our son takes him, so if he goes outside to heat up his truck, then comes back in and tries to pick up (Joey) -off he goes under the table. Needless to say they are always late for the appt. ! Smart animals !!!!

They are much smarter than they allow us to think, aren't they

Ur I think they do it to make US look like the dumb ones lol.

My dog runs to the batroom & jumps into the tub before I can even get the water put in there for his bath! Lucky for me, Mack loves getting a bath. On the other hand, when he has to go into his crate, he hides behind the couch. If he sees us putting on our shoes, he takes off to hide.

When my mom's dog Baby was little she would run and jump in the tub. But when she got older she hated having a bath. As soon as we realized she knew what "bath" meant we started spelling it, but the stinker learned how to spell it too. :cool:

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom