Sweet and sour chicken with lots of sauce??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erica_loves_candy

Assistant Cook
I need a Thai or Chinese recipe for sweet and sour stuff.
i discovered recipes like pineapple juice, cornstarch, vinegar and brown sugar and stuff like that but it doesn't taste like how the restaurants make it.:yuk:

would you give me a TNT recipe of some sort??
:chef: :heart: :dew: :bounce: :clap: :punk:

THANK YOU!!!!!

Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe was one of the first Chinese recipes I learned from my husband's aunt after my marriage. I really dont make it anymore but I used to a lot. I guess my husband got tired of it :) . It does come out very good.

To make the sauce here is what you need:

Ketchup (1/2 cup)
White Vinegar (4 tbsps)
Soy Sauce (4 tbsp)
Juice of canned pineapple rings (save the rings and pour out the juice)
Chili Sauce (any kind you like - Chinese ofcourse not Mexican or Latin) to taste but atleast a few good dashed
salt
sugar (2 tbsp)
Cornstarch (1/2 tbsp)

Stir the ketchup, vinegar, sauces, pineapple juice, salt and sugar and cornstarch, reserve on the side.

You will also need chicken breasts (4), green bell peppers (1) and onions(1). You need to cut green peppers and onions into small chunks. Cut the pineapple rings also into small chunks. Finally cut the chicken into small chunks.

Mince 3 cloves of garlic and reserve

In a pan, add some oil - peanut or canola. Add the garlic and saute for a minute. Next add the chicken and cook it on high heat until no longer pink (about 5-10 minutes). Next add the bell peppers, onions and cook them for a minute. Add the pineapple and the sauce. Allow all this to cook for about 5-7 minutes until it's nice, thick and bubbly.

Remove from heat, add a healthy heap of chopped green onions, stir and serve on white rice.

I make this recipe often and it comes out fairly close to restaurant sauce.

2 c. water
2/3 c. vinegar
1-1/2 c. sugar
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 8oz can crushed pineapple
3 Tbsp cornstarch

Mix together in sauce pan and cook at least 15 mins. on medium heat until desired color/consistency.

Here is one of the best recipes of sweat and sour chicken, hope you and other like it very much.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Ingredients:
For Marinate:

450 grams chicken breasts, boneless
2 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoon corn flour
1 - egg
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1\2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1\4 teaspoon white pepper

For Sauce:
1 cup chicken stock
1\2 cup pineapple juice
1\4 cup vinegar.
1 tablespoon sugar (ground)
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 tablespoon Soya sauce
1\4 cup Ketchup
1\4 teaspoon salt, chinese

Vegetables:
4-5 - pineapple rings
2 - onions spring
1 - carrots
1\2 - bell pepper, green
1\2 - bell pepper, red
1\2 - bell pepper, yellow
1 small onion, cut into small cubes.

- oil for deep frying

1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Sift flour, corn flour and salt together in a mixing bowl. make a well in the center, add the egg and mix with a little of the flour,using a fork or hand. Add soy sauce and draw in the flour, beat until the better is smooth. beat in the sugar, black pepper, salt and vinegar. Marinate the chicken pieces in the batter for 2-3 hours.
2. In a small saucepan mix together, the chicken stock, pineapple syrup, vinegar, sugar, ketch up, corn flour, 1\4 teaspoon salt and soy sauce.
3. Bring to boil, stirring constantly,simmer for 3-4 minutes. Keep hot.
4. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the marinated chicken until crisp and golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
5. Cut pineapple, carrots, spring onions, white onions and bell pepper into wedges.
6. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil and fry all of the vegetables for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
7. Put the fried chicken pieces into the vegetables and pour the sauce over it, stirring constantly cook for 1 minute.
8. Serve in a hot bowl with plain or fried rice.

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom