Favorite Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
What is your absolutely most fav-o-rite sandwich in the Whole Wide World...???? and why if you wanna tell.

When it comes down to just one mine would have to be a ham sandwich on toasted bread(wheat) dressed! Using a an excellent ham that I "smoked" my self..Served with ice cold chocolate milk.

When I was a small child everytime my family went out to eat..I always wanted a ham samich and chocolate milk!

You turn now!!

Absolutely no question about it. Thick sliced liverwurst on rye bread with thin slices of onion and Kosciusco mustard.

To DIE for.

All washed down with a cold brew, of course!

It just might be a BLT - toasted white bread, lotsa mayo, your generous serving of B, your L, your thick slice of garden T, and then a little ketchup.

That last part grosses my family out.

only one?

How about turkey with crispy lettuce, lots of fresh tomatoes, haas avocados (a must-have in all sandwiches, I think), havarti or jack cheese (or maybe even boursin), a tiny splash of white balsamic, on a french baguette.
Lemon perrier with a slice of a meyer lemon

and, if I can't have that, my other favorite would be a thinly sliced, medium-well tri-tip sandwich, on a french roll with just a bit of tomato, hass avo slices, and a slight amount of creamy horseradish.

There are so many yummy sandwiches, it's difficult for me to choose only one. Although, if pressed, I'd have to say a grilled ham 'n swiss.

Two slices of N.Y. Times bread with real butter on one side of each piece, then many untra-thin slices of good Swiss cheese and lots of shaved ham. All toasted and melted to perfection. Washed down with a cold beer.

That's good eats!!!

I am also an eater of many grilled cheese sandwiches. I've recently found the best way to prepare them is to melt the (real, thank you Katie) butter in the skillet - NOT spread on the bread - and use shredded cheese.

A slice of tomato or some bacon is not unwelcome.

I love egg salad sandwiches (cut up boiled egg, small pieces of celery, miracle whip, mustard) - no butter on the bread (either a white bread or a bread with lots of seeds is good for me).
I almost never have these because of the fat and cholesterol but man do I want on now, maybe with a side of poutine for a full fat day. ;)

Gosh, sandwich is one of the four food groups and I love anything tossed between two pieces of bread.

Right now I would love a meatball sandwich with tomato sauce.

..................................................................................

Don't criticise anyone until you walk a mile in their shoes - by then you are a mile away and have their shoes.

Can't name just one!

Hot pastrami on a bulkie roll
BLT with mayo and toast
Pulled pork with my homemade BBQ sauce
Steak and onions with provolone and genoa salami (steak bomb)
Cuban sandwich
To name a few...

:ROFLMAO: NO ! I can't do it, Iam with Andy on this one - love so many, depends on my mood. But I would never turn down a bacon cheese burger ! :pig:

I can't believe I am still living. :rolleyes: I can't tell you how many fried bacon and butter sandwiches I have eaten. My second favorite sandwich is Miracle Whip between three layers of bread. My Lord, I don't know how I came up with that one. I have done that ever since I was a kid.:-p

I have too many to choose from, but one of my faves is thick cut wheatberry bread, thin sliced honey glazed turkey, thin sliced green apple, and sliced brie with basil aioli.

I am also a sucker for a good ol "Philly" cheese steak, heavy on the onions.

TATTRAT said:
I have too many to choose from, but one of my faves is thick cut wheatberry bread, thin sliced honey glazed turkey, thin sliced green apple, and sliced brie with basil aioli.

OH MY!! That sounds amazing!!!

JoAnn L. said:
My second favorite sandwich is Miracle Whip between three layers of bread. My Lord, I don't know how I came up with that one. I have done that ever since I was a kid.:-p

Don't think you are the only one who eats this sandwich. It's one of my favorites from my childhood, too. I came up with it as a way to "fill the hole" during Lent when my strict Catholic family observed the no meat thing. Haven't had one in years, but I might just have to make a trip to the kitchen later tonight.:)

Back
Top Bottom