I'm saving you $60 bucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debthecook

Senior Cook
My puppy threw up. For no good reason. She acted fine before and after the incident, but I got scared, went to the vet. He said make this soup:

1 carrot
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup rice
2 cups water

Boil up, give to puppy for 2 days.
Dog is fine now. My wallet is lighter.
Sometimes I guess they just throw up?????

Yeah, they do. She might have eaten something in the yard--you never know with pups! Our vet always said to cook some lean ground beef and mix with white rice. I guess it's the same idea as what yours suggested, but yours sounds healthier. Glad she's feeling better!

Yes they do - and it's usually in the middle of the night while they are sleeping with you :shock:

Thanks for the recipe. A friend has a dog AND a son with nervous stomachs. The dog is on tranquilizers.

So what's worse - the silent doggy barf - or the cat in the middle of the night with a hair ball - where you can hear it but can't see it? :D

LOL Your guys break me up. How about This. Riding in car, puppy sitting on DH shoulder, against seat, up-chucks. He must have been eating acorns. Made a quick stop at a Dollar store for clean up stuff.
Or: 5 o'clock in the morning, bare-foot, to the kitchen to make coffee.
YUK-YUK

Now, I need to know how to index this recipe to my file. :LOL:

No onions in the soup. Onions, garlic, chocolate and grapes/raisins are known to be "poisonous" to the dog., CHOCOLATE is supposed to be deadly. There are other things too. Although I have a neighbor that says he gives his dog EVERYTHING and has never had a problem.

I have a 4 month old puppy and kitten and they both up chuck now and then and for the puppy it is usually from something she has picked up in the yard. Everything in the mouth ya know.The kitten just eats to fast. I also have another older, long haired cat and she gets those nasty hairballs. I give her medicine for the hairballs but she still gets them but not as often.In our house at night if you have to get up put slippers on or turn on lights and watch where ya step.

Thumpershere2, we had the same problem with our cat until the vet gave us a good trick to use: elevate the cat's food bowl--we have ours on a brick. It's helped a lot! That's not to say that he doesn't eat too fast and get sick now and then (like this morning!), but it's a lot better than it used to be. It may have something to do with getting less air in his tummy while he eats? Who knows, but at least it helps!

ther's nothing more unpleasant than getting up in the middle of the night and squishing a warm hairball between your toes.

lol, debthecook, is that middie's recipe for chicken and rice? i'm suppposed to bring it to bang's this sunday for the pot luck. i didn't know it was for his pitbull...

buckytom said:
ther's nothing more unpleasant than getting up in the middle of the night and squishing a warm hairball between your toes.quote]

Ick! or a COLD one!

Our vet told us to feed our cats a tablespoon of pure pumpkin each day. Really elps with the hairballs, and it's great for their digestion.

Liz

Hello all,

I'm new here, so I don't want to seem "pushy"! It's just that I noticed you guys were busy sorting out the poor old hound - but nobody seemed to pay any attention to the mess.

A tip I learned with spills (from both ends if you know what I mean!) is to grab kitty litter and empty it over the little darling's "offering".

This soaks up the liquids (which saves your carpet) and soaks up the smells (which saves YOU from contributing to the mess!) :)

Welcome, keen kook!! Katchy name there, too!

Great idea with the kitty litter...a much more pleasant option than some others I can think of! That stuff is great, great to keep around!!

;)

ParrotheadLizzy said:
buckytom said:
ther's nothing more unpleasant than getting up in the middle of the night and squishing a warm hairball between your toes.quote]

Ick! or a COLD one!

Our vet told us to feed our cats a tablespoon of pure pumpkin each day. Really elps with the hairballs, and it's great for their digestion.

Liz

lol, p.h.lizzy, do you have to wear a welders apron, hockey goalie helmet, and gauntlet gloves when you feed the cats the pumpkin?

Debthecook,
My DH would eat that! Sounds good..he would probably fight the dog for that soup..and as you can see she is not very big. Poor little Dove.
:cry: Marge~Dove

marmalady said:
So what's worse - the silent doggy barf - or the cat in the middle of the night with a hair ball - where you can hear it but can't see it? :D
A silent doggy's flatulence.

Dove, what a cutie patooti!
Mine is white too, a Bichon/Cavalier mix. Tomorrow the 19th she is being spayed. I'm not handling it very well, anyone have any advice they can share on the dog's care after surgery? I have to drop her off at 9am, pick her up at 6pm. I know the vet will tell me, but just wanted to know some info from any of you. Thanks very much.

Deb,

Keep her quiet; confined to kennel if possible. Pat and coo over her. She'll be fine.

I take it this is your first pup? :eek: Going to the vet after barfing was a giveaway ;) :P I've cleaned up a collective (not consecutive :shock: ) 65 years of dog barf (some just last nite as I watched the Sox game) and worse. And dealt with several serious doggie health issues.

I'd be happy to help with any questions you have.

p.s. Schnitzel nearly ate one of my habarneros yesterday when it fell on the floor! :shock: Unfortunately, he'd probably like it. He loves tabasco sauce.

Back
Top Bottom