the DALMA CASE???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
During my preliminary Spring clean in the Lab (yes even the YT does the dusting and polishing too).

I came to my 1`st aid box, and thought I`de ask You guys also (I`ve asked almost everyone else I can think of that may know, before now).

It`s a little wooden box, and still has some the original kit in there, it`s from 1926, and the wood is stamped with 84 as is the hinged cover.
there`s bandages in there with the instructions for application writen on them too! and tin of Boracic ointment (hardly used).

has anyone here ever seen one or know anything about them at all?

Google has Zero Data on it???

Can't help you out but I would take it to antique appraiser for sure !! I'd keep that little box and innards in a safe place !!

well other than the occasional polishing of the outside and contents check (expirey dates etc...) for the New stuff in there, all is just as it was, and hanging on the wall of my Lab ready to do its "job" that hopefully never sees action.

it`s got a red (probably Lead paint) Sheild with a white cross on the pull down lid, and on the case itself just under that lid "the DALMA CASE" in gold leaf with black outlining (most has worn off now though).

I know it sounds Crazy but you can tell even by the Faces in the Drawings on the bandage come sling come whatever you wanted it to be, that they are NOT of this era :)

After seeing the pictures, I would have to concur with mudbug. At least World War II era, perhaps earlier. The graphics tell a lot.

Has the box always been in your lab? Do you have any clue as to whom it belonged before it came into your possession?

I imagine Buck will have some thoughts on the subject later. Fascinating "quest" you have for yourself.

I'm intrigued by what might come after the word DALMA. Are you sure it's case? I think this would be more likely to be described as a cabinet. Have you any idea what kind of wood it is? Oak? The pictures of how to use the triangular bandage are excellent!

it hasn`t Always been in my Lab no, I bought it in a second shop some 7+ years ago for peanuts, the label inside is dated 1926, as for the wood I have no idea either?

the words on the front say "the `DALMA CASE`" , sadly the cam cannot do this justice though :(
DALMA CASE is in Quotes the THE isn`t though, it`s outside the quotes.

If you bought it 7+ years ago for peanuts, why are there no peanuts in it now? Did you forget to put the peanuts in? Have you eaten them all? Was your lab raided by marauding squirrels?

You have a genuine mystery here. I believe a legendary sleuth (a native of your land, as I remember) could help. I believe he was to be found at 221b Baker street, London. Good luck.

The 1926 date would probably rule out a WW2 connection.

I think we need to go back to DALMA for a clue. It's got to be an early acronym for something.

Back
Top Bottom