falk vs mauviel: cleaning them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kat

Assistant Cook
i'm thinking of buying a copper pan, it's a toss up between falk and mauviel. i like the brushed surface of the falk more than the shiny surface of the mauviel, but mauviel is available at bed bath and beyond so i can use 20% off coupons, which drops the price quite a bit. can someone who has experience with cleaning the brushed vs the shiny tell me how much more difficult it is to clean them. it wouldn't be an everyday pan, more of a special occasion pan for now. spending some time cleaning isn't much of an issue, but not if it's gonna take 20 minutes to clean the thing to keep it nice looking. some reviews on amazon said the falk is easier to keep clean than the mauviel. thanks for any help.

We have several pieces of Mauviel Cuprinox. Fortunately, we have a friend who has cleaned her Mauviel copper cookware for years with Barkeepers Friend and they have a lovely patina. To my mind, they look as nice as the original polished finish. We started using BF on ours right from the start. They take no longer to clean than our All-Clad MasterChef pieces. The reviewers on Amazon must be comparing cleaning the Falk with polishing the Mauviel.

I can't comment on comparing the two finishes because I just have one small Mauviel saucepan, but I am in total agreement with Veloce. BKF makes polishing it practically effortless.

It does need attention to look good, but not much.

Back
Top Bottom