And the 'summer of George' comes to an end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
I always enjoy watching Seinfeld, especially in reruns. We can do line, quote and verse over here, complete with gesticulations and facial movements.

Ah, the summer of George episode...George was free. He had three months severance pay from the Yankees and he had plans for, amongst other things, 'frolf'....a combination of golf and frisbee. Next thing you know, he's Jerry's personal dating assistant and end up in the hospital when he slips on an invitation he was supposed to have delivered.

My wonderful son, (who informs me he is going to graduate college mid summer!) has flown the coop for warmer climes this spring break. He departed on Thursday evening past. Words cannot describe the bliss Lou and I enjoyed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (my daughter had no plans to come home for the weekend). No fear about the front door opening unexpectedly. No 'guests' wandering through the kitchen looking for meatballs. No questions of 'what's for dinner, and when is it'. No one asking what's in my cocktail and do I want to make one for him, too. No one asking if I'm doing any laundry anytime soon. No one telling me to leave my car in the street till he returns home. No one clicking and clacking on the computer in the room next to mine. No one leaving strange and unusual hairs in the shower drain. No one leaving dirty dishes in the sink. Bliss, I tell you, pure bliss.

I planned to get housework done on Sunday evening, Monday evening and this evening. Instead...I did my best couch potato impersonation from late afternoon to mr. sandman time. I lived the life of a bonbon eating princess. I was content to eat a can of soup with no guilt for provinding nothing hardier. All the lights were turned off at the close of the day. The heat was a sensible 68 degrees.

My son, the 'man of the house' is coming home tomorrow morning. He lands at 8:30am at Kennedy airport. The outer reaches of Long Island....at the height of rush hour.

He needs a ride home!!!!!:censored::bangin: can you believe it???!!

Back
Top Bottom