Proper Engineering For Life - by Katie E. and mudbug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
I submit that toilet paper must always hang over the top of the roll.

When donning footwear, it is always both socks first, then shoes.

One closes the car door and fastens seat belt before turning on the engine/radio/CD player.

Your turn, Miss Katie.........

Barb, you are most welcome to share any other Engineering for Life wisdom with us.

For instance, do you place your flatware business end down in the dishwasher or not?

mudbug said:
Barb, you are most welcome to share any other Engineering for Life wisdom with us.

For instance, do you place your flatware business end down in the dishwasher or not?

Just the sharp knives ! How about you ?

mudbug said:
Muddie, you just reminded me of one of the great comedy bits of all time. Archie Bunker and Meathead's routine about sock/sock, shoe/shoe versus sock/shoe, sock/shoe.

It ranks right up there with "Who's on First."

Thanks for the laugh.

Buck

I agree about the toilet paper...I do a sock and a shoe, then a sock and a shoe for back reasons...I don't drive anymore, but I always have my seatbelt in place before the vehicle is in motion.

I don't know if other have this in certain rooms of the house, but it's one that causes Mrs. OCD here a lot of clenched fists and muttered words kids should not hear.. There are two doors into our kitchen, one end has a single light switch, the other has two switches, one over the table the other in the center of the cooking area..The two switch has to have both switches going the same direction or it makes me batty..DH, will come in turn on lights leave by other door and use that light leaving the two switcher going two directions...Arrrrggggh..Same with back doors,one to garage,one to the patio, one in family room and on opposite side of family room..Between Ethan and Dh, they have me nuts most of the time lining up the dang switches..As to the TP I like it down the back, so anytime it's over the top, I switch it around...Now, who loves all the drawers in the kitchen half open? Or the cabnet doors standing agape? See I told you I was OCD:LOL: I also get very cranky when I get in my car and have to re-adjust the seats,steering wheel,mirrors and radio from that satalite yukky suff to music or silence..
Boy am I a pita:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

mudbug said:
I submit that toilet paper must always hang over the top of the roll.

One closes the car door and fastens seat belt before turning on the engine/radio/CD player.

Your turn, Miss Katie.........

Otey, dotey. Let's get this show on the road.

Of course, toilet paper over the top. How else are we going to be impressed by the quaint little "V" tab folded over the roll in all those fancy-schmancy hotels? Besides, it's just the RIGHT way.:angel:

Next, socks first. Then pants/trousers/slacks, then shoes. 'Cuz it sure is a pain in the patootie trying to put my slacks on after my shoes are already on.

I NEVER joke about the seatbelt. It saved my life a few years ago. Always, always, always goes on first...and every time whether I'm going 100 miles of 1/10th of a mile.

Now, drum roll please.......

Toilet seat up or down? Well, duh, down! In addition to being considerate for those of us of the gentle female persuasion, it's safer for young two-legged creatures as well as our furry four-legged ones.

There's nothing more surprising:( than getting up during the night for a visit to the throne room and be rudely awakened by cold porcelain on one's tushie.

I had an aunt whose German shepherd became almost gravely ill from drinking out of the bowl. The toilet "freshener" in the water was toxic.

Who is up next?

I agree that toilet paper should hang from the top of the roll. I put on each sock and then the shoes. Knifes go business end up, unless they are sharp knives.
What about this....My DH eats first thing in the morning and then brushes his teeth. He says that way his teeth are clean after he eats. I say brush your teeth before you eat breakfast, because it cleans your mouth from overnight bacteria and it makes food taste better. Any thoughts???

We must live a very fast pace lifestyle in a really relaxed atmosphere. This stuff just never happens around here. If you don't use a safety belt in the car, why lock the door when you leave home?
It's not important how you find the toilet paper in the bathroom just important that it is in there when you need it. One roll out for use and three in a package at arm's reach.
It's not important when you brush your teeth as long as you pour out the denture wash.
It's not important if you hang your hangers over the closet rod or reverse as long as you have clean laundry.
If the stain on the carpet is driving you nuts, add some ritz dye to the steam cleaner and fix the whole carpet.
If you don't use a light switch, duck tape over it and hang a decoration on it.
You don't have to worry about socks & shoes when you go barefoot. :-p

You must never add the salt to the pot until after you add the pasta.

It's okay to drink out of the bottle if no one sees you do it.

Turn the shower off before turning off the water.

Put your ear cellphone thingy in before you start driving.

If you got tuts tuts tuts to a squirrel, you better have peanuts in your pocket.

Never shovel the snow on your sidewalk until the snow plow has come through your street.

It's okay to go to the bathroom with the door open if no one is home.

If you want it to rain, go to work with all your house windows open.

If you want a windy rain storm, leave all the lawn furniture out, too.

It rarely matters what the expiration date is on ricotta cheese. If you open it and don't use it all, it will go bad the next day.

You should always wiggle the eggs in the carton before you put them in your carriage. Sometimes, they hide their cracks on the bottom, and stick to the carton.

If the preceding happens, remove all the other eggs, pull the top off the stuck one, and then turn the carton upside down and let it slide into the bowl, making sure you didn't get any unwanted carton with egg.

Don't rush with batter preperations. The first time you don't bother to crack eggs into seperate bowls, that is the time a huge chunk of shell gets into your batter with the mixer running.

Close the shower curtain after you leave the shower - it will air dry better, leaving less chance for mold or mildew.

Only get splinters in the hand you don't write with...or only get splinters when someone is home to help you remove it.

All the spices should be in alphabetical order.

Canned good labels should be facing the front on the cabinet shelves.

I agree, the toilet paper over the top of the roll.

I like to be the first one to read the paper in the morning.:-p

JoAnn L. said:
All the spices should be in alphabetical order.

Canned good labels should be facing the front on the cabinet shelves.

Amen to these two. With all the herbs and spices we have/use, anything but alphabetical order would be chaos.

Absolutely labels to the front for canned goods.

Plus, I'll go one step further with the herb/spice thing or other refillable containers. When you're nearing the end of a container, turn it upside down in its place. That way you will always know when you need to purchase more and not get stuck when you are preparing a dish. We do that with all of our refillable goods.

I batch my spices together as they will be used; American, Italian, Mexican, Thai...etc and spices like cinnamon, ginger, & cloves and then extracts. I organize my cupboards and refrigerator the same way. I can pull the ingredients for a recipe with a lot less effort and time and the put away is very little.
I dislike the fact that mfg's do not put labels on the sides of boxed foods so they can be easily identified. I never put brand name canned goods with off brand because I do not use them together.
Everything in the refrigerator/freezer has to be pulled to the front and cycled continuously into meals.
**********************************​
Is the toilet paper issue: clockwise vrs counter clockwise, right handed vrs left handed, roll vrs unroll ?​

Forgot whether a knife is point up or point down in a dishwasher. Knives don't belong in a dishwasher, or in a sink. Wash them by hand as soon as you're done with them, dry them, then store them away where they belong.

You know, I used to say toilet paper over the top of the roll - always. But now I'd say, it depends on the toilet paper! Once we used a particular brand that was so fine that when the end was sitting on top of the roll, it was almost impossible to find it. Only when it was placed the wrong way, with the end hanging down the back of the roll, could one easily find the end!

Duh! Profound huh? Let us all take a moment to reflect upon this moving thought ... :LOL:

100%, absolutely, all the way, down the back with the toilet paper. I watched myself this morning and was amazed. In a split second, I, with my left hand to boot, deftly secured the precise number of squares I wanted, gently caressed the back of this hand to the roll, and snapped off the paper, get that; one handed, in a split second. I was in awe.

Back
Top Bottom