Have found peace again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
How I miss being on here and hearing from you all. I hope everyone is enjoying their Spring break. Full time work had been ripping me apart from all the things I love to do, especially being on here to hear from my DC friends. I find peace just being here. I have to be optimistic about the next 11 weeks left of school. Sigh! Although I love my students, it's draining to juggle work, home, 3 kids and a husband. I admire all you women who do that.

This Spring Break has been wonderful, for the most part, considering that our toddler has had toncilitis and strep all at once. Doc put him on stronger antibiotics so he seems to be responding better. We were able to take him to the park today. I'm so thankful and relieved for that.

I'm thankful too that our puppy has gotten rid of the hookworms and she's all better now. She's such a good puppy and has brought so much happiness to all of us, especially the kids.

I better get back to dinner (late one tonight). Just wanted to drop by to say hello and hope everyone's doing well. Hugs,

It's good to hear from you again. It is tough to do all the juggling you're faced with. Keep checking in when you can.

BTW, Dina's Beef Enchiladas are on the menu for tomorrow's dinner! It's a regular for us now. Thanks again.

Wow Dina. You have alot on your plate right now. No wonder you haven't been on much. Hope things settle for you.

Wow, Dina, you can make it. I had similar challenges in another life. Well, when I was much younger and had a bunch of children and a husband to care for.

Now, I look back and wonder how I was able to get done what had to be done and still have time for some, few, enjoyable diversions.

The only advice I can offer is to try, as best you can, to take care of yourself. That's the best gift you can give to you (primarily) and your family.

{{{{{{Dina}}}}}}

Good to "see" you! It truly must be challenging. Luckily I never had to juggle all that mainly because having 1 child is a HUGE difference from having 3. Don't forget - a crockpot is your friend!!!!! :chef: You're turning into one of those women other women admire! It's got to be challenging, that's for sure.

I'm glad you could drop by to see us and we will look forward to more from you! Like Katie E said, take care of you. Even if it's as simple as having 30 minutes to yourself to take a bath (yea, I know, that didn't even sound right when I typed it!!!!).

Visit as often as you can.

(((Dina))) I was just thinking about you-wow your life sounds like it's in whirlwind mode!!!So I'm sending you lots of love and energy to help you through!!!Vicki

Hi Andy! Good to hear from you again. How sweet of you to have named my recipe. Remember that if you ever need a Mexican recipe, just ask.

Thanks Middie, Katie, Corazon, Kitchenelf and Vicki!Q. Things will get better. My husband and I were talking about me staying home another year with our 4 year old and possibly working part-time. I might just do that. I miss my little one. I'm going in for more lab work and tests at the hospital soon since stress has not been good for my health. Miss you all.

So good to see you! I feel for you girl..... I have enough on my plate with part-time work let alone full-time.....I do remember those days though....ugh!

Yes def. take the advice about taking care of yourself. We all need to take some time out every now and then for just ourselves.

Hope and pray the tests come out for the best and your stress level comes to a even heal soon.

Take care!

Hello Dina and it is nice to hear from you aga in. I am glad your puppy got rid of the hookworms and your toddler is feeling better.

Back
Top Bottom