Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   Ratings/Stars (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/ratings-stars-33346.html)

mish 03-17-2007 01:52 PM

Ratings/Stars

I never paid much attention to the ratings system... but, recently noticed that the majority of starred topics are topics like games etc. - unrelated to cooking/shared recipes. Wondering if we could give a little more attention re ratings to food-related, shared recipe topics. The stars don't really mean much to me, but I think if I saw a shared recipe someone has tried and acknowledged same, it would give more enthusiasm & input to a shared recipe. The Karma system is great, but how about letting your fellow-cooking members know about shared recipes. TIA

Edited to add: Perhaps a Rating System is not necessary.

VeraBlue 03-17-2007 05:16 PM

I've always felt that lots of responses was more of an indicator of something good than karma or stars.

Alix 03-17-2007 05:25 PM

Mish, you have the ability to Rate any thread you wish. When you are posting a reply, just scroll down to the little window that says Choose a rating. There you can choose stars for any thread you visit. If I am not completely mistaken, an average gets taken of all those who rated the thread and that is how many stars it gets. So, the ratings are completely up to you.

GB 03-17-2007 05:31 PM

Just to add on to what Alix said, if you do not feel that the rating system is necessary then you are free to not use it. It is certainly not a mandatory thing. For those that do what to use it though, it is there for them.

Katie H 03-17-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeraBlue
I've always felt that lots of responses was more of an indicator of something good than karma or stars.

I'm with Vera. When I see page after page of responses, then I know the thread is something lots of folks like/enjoy.

Plus, I agree with Alix. Beautifully, we have the freedom to rate or not.

csalt 03-18-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeraBlue

Me too! Plus I never remember about the rating system until afterwards.

I enjoy it all regardless of ratings. " One man's meat etc!!":smile:

( In the UK, the film of " The History Boys" got a rubbish rating :ohmy: but DH and I watched it at home the other night and thought it brilliant!)

Uncle Bob 03-18-2007 10:54 AM

Well I agree with everyone. Some would say that means I am not thinking.
Quite the Contrary

Anyway...5 Stars for you Miss Mish!!

mish 03-18-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
...5 Stars for you Miss Mish!!

And one for you as well, Uncle Bob

If anyone would like one, leave your name here. I'll make you a star :lol:

kadesma 03-18-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mish

Wow Mish,
our own walk of fame:wink: Nice idea...

kadesma

Uncle Bob 03-18-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mish

I am just speechless! Well almost. I am humbled by your presentation.

(Now I am off to the last thing that made me smile thread)