Andrew Zimmern Bizarre Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Have you seen this show? I've now see the Morroco and Spain episode and it just floors me the things this guy eats. I've gotten pretty brave about eating new things in the last few years but come on.......no amount of bravery is going to get me to try putrude mystery meat, eyeballs, etc...

So whats the strangest thing you've eaten? For me it would be turtle, squirrel and rabbit. I know this is normal food for most but believe me some people I know think I'm crazy for having had this on numerous occasions growing up.

I like Muskrat, most would say they would never try it, its something you either like or not, my one son and I like it. Always ate it growing up once a year. Mom hated it but would cook it for my Dad.

This show gives me the creeps. Last night he was trying some worms and it did not go very well with him - YUCK.

Just like pdswife I have also had soup made of goat's head (not the full thing, all cut up and bony) - YUCK YUCK

I have also had a goat brain - tastes just like scrambled eggs - YUCK YUCK :)

Never again will anyone ever get me to eat that. It is very common where I grew up to eat all parts of the goat. People eat the kidneys and even the intestines.

Ewwww Goats head.......he really grosses me out when he devours the tounge and brains. Ok...too early for this my 1st cup of tea isn't settling too well at the moment

Yakuta said:
This show gives me the creeps. Last night he was trying some worms and it did not go very well with him - YUCK. .

I watched it last night too, but turned it off before the worms -- but not after he ate the cooked duck fetus in the egg.

That seriously kept me up nearly all night.

That must be the Phillipines episode....I still have yet to watch that (its taped).....looks like I have some serious cringing coming upon me when I do.

I watched it for the first time yesterday. I was totally engrossed, hubby was just grossed out!!:rolleyes: :LOL: I think I could try everything he did except the guinea pig, well maybe if I didn't know what it was.

Foodstorm, grits aren't strange...I had a bowl for breakfast this morning.:)

Didn't we have a weird food thread before?
I used to love rabbit, yum.
Ok, squirrel is weird, but I had that, hedge hog (sp), turtle, crocodile, snake, bear, horse, buffalo balls (it had some fancy name), pig head sausage, goat head the whole thing was baked, pigeons, frogs – yuk, nutria (even though it is the best to use it for a fur coat, somebody convinced me that it was a rabbit, actually it did taste like a wild rabbit).
Well tongue, brain, hart, kidneys, liver are actually a delicacy in my book.

I honestly would not eat anything weird.

Grits are weird and strange, even the instant oatmeal is disgusting. My kids had some this morning, I had to leave the table, it stinks, brrrrrrrrrr yuk

Back
Top Bottom