Tuna Napolitana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redrabbit

Assistant Cook
Didn't think this really should go in the FISH section, so put it here instead.

Does anyone know how to make this.

I bought a packet of it a while ago and really liked it. It was dried powder, that you added milk too, and some tuna, and it made a great sauce for some pasta.

However, I can't find any recipes anywhere.

Thanks.

To be honest, this doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all. What is it? A kind of tomato sauce with tuna in it? Though that sounds unlikely if you have to add milk. Is it a kind of carbonara sauce (eggy) that you add tuna to instead of bacon?

I'd say it's bound to be better than a packet sauce mix. The problem with powders and bouillon cubes is that the overwhelming flavour is salt. Look at the ingredients on the back of these products and it's impossible not to feel alarmed.

Did you ever find a recipe?

Hi I'm about to emigrate to Oz and I'll be lost without my Schwartz Tuna Nap. Did you ever find a recipe that made something similar?

And Snoop Puss where do you get off criticising other people's tastes? This wouldn't be a widely marketted product if it was as bad as your opinion suggests.

Hi I'm about to emigrate to Oz and I'll be lost without my Schwartz Tuna Nap. Did you ever find a recipe that made something similar?

And Snoop Puss where do you get off criticising other people's tastes? This wouldn't be a widely marketted product if it was as bad as your opinion suggests.

Hey olthomas - Unfortunately I never really found a recipe. I didn't try too hard though! I love the Schwartz Tuna neoplitan! It's so easy and quick, great meal for those nights when you've had a long day or don't have much time.

I think Snoop Puss was just saying that the packet sauces in general have a higher salt level, probably for taste and to bulk it out slightly.

Wow that was a speedy response!

We've fed Tuna Nap to loads of people and they are always impressed and want to know how to make it. I guess I'll just have to pack a suitcase full!

Where in the world are you?

Wow that was a speedy response!

We've fed Tuna Nap to loads of people and they are always impressed and want to know how to make it. I guess I'll just have to pack a suitcase full!

Where in the world are you?

I had an email saying you had posted, so I responded in a timely fashion! ;)

I live in SE England, about 30 minutes outside of London. What about you?

How come you're emigrating? That must be really cool - when are you off?

Great Britain's version of Tuna Helper?

This should not be all that hard to make from scratch. prepare a Neopolitan tomato sauce, add either canned or freshly cooked tuna, and serve over cooked linguine. You may add large pitted black olives and capers to the sauce, and garnish with fresh chopped basil and/or parsley, which is traditional but not absolutely neccessary. It should look similar to this when finished:

1346325465_22b255e0c9_m.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom