Gas grill Safety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

college_cook

Head Chef
I know it's ok to use a gas grill during the winter, but I didn't know if perhaps you didn't use your grill all winter but it was stored outside, if that could affect the gas in the tank? Like make it condense and flow out faster or something? I don't want my grill to blow up the first time i try to light it.

It will be fine, we have one up at the lake that we don't use for 6 mos. and it is fine ! Unless someone else on here as had problems - not me !

:) The only thing I would say is to make sure your connections to gas are still good check your manual its something like turning on gas absolutley no lighting the flame and pour a little soapy water on connections to make sure there isnt a leak any where.

Your grill will be fine like everyone is saying. Look at all the unused camps and commercial roofing companies that don't use propane all winter long and have tanks sitting outside. Between the new checkvalves and the propane places underfilling the tanks, they're pretty bulletproof. Well, figuratively speaking that is :rolleyes:

I've never had a problem, although I do tend to use it as often as possible during the winter (I even roast chestnuts on it every Christmas Eve)!

Back
Top Bottom