Sunday dinner, March 25th, anyone cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Dinner for me will be in an airport unfortunately. Bet it'll be a huge salad.
Are you cookin? Are you eatin? If so, what so?:cool:
I'll end up in El Paso and will be on the hunt for Turquoise jewelry in any and all pawn shops I can find in a small amount of time.
Enjoy your Sunday and happy next week!;)

Last edited:
Yep we're cookin:) white rice in chicken broth and sauteed onions,drunk'n beans, tacos with shredded beef, sour cream,diced tomatoes,avocado sauce,shredded lettuce,sliced green onions,cheese, taquitos for the kids as requested by Cade.Before as a starter, fried flour tortilla chips and cilantro laced, tomato, onion,avocado,corn salsa..dessert:) something new a raspberry cake using slices of crustless french bread,butter sugar and cream and the berries.It's weighted down in the refrigerator now and will serve it with whipped cream..Hope it's good.:pig:

kadesma

kadesma said:
Yep we're cookin:) white rice in chicken broth and sauteed onions,drunk'n beans, tacos with shredded beef, sour cream,diced tomatoes,avocado sauce,shredded lettuce,sliced green onions,cheese, taquitos for the kids as requested by Cade.Before as a starter, fried flour tortilla chips and cilantro laced, tomato, onion,avocado,corn salsa..dessert:) something new a raspberry cake using slices of crustless french bread,butter sugar and cream and the berries.It's weighted down in the refrigerator now and will serve it with whipped cream..Hope it's good.:pig:

kadesma
gosh, I wish I was home to enjoy my drive to your house:LOL:
so then a sort of trifle then, weighted down so all those yummy flavors become one. Yummy............

i'm making cut up sirloin steak which was marinated in mustard,garlic,ws sauce,salt and freshly ground black peppar,with creamy bichamel sauce,grilled onions and peppers and baked potatoes.yummmmm.:chef:

sarah said:
i'm making cut up sirloin steak which was marinated in mustard,garlic,ws sauce,salt and freshly ground black peppar,with creamy bichamel sauce,grilled onions and peppers and baked potatoes.yummmmm.:chef:

I'm going to Sarah's for dinner :LOL: . YUM. Sounds delish.

I thawed out a big chunk of pork to make something Asian fusion with it in the wok, but not sure what yet. Sweet & sour, Mongolian, or Kung Pao are all possibilities. I'll decide after I take a pantry and refrigerator inventory, but that ain't happenin' until I at least finish my second cuppa. It may even have to wait until after breakfast!:chef:

I have some chicken wings that have been defrosting in my fridge since Friday night so I am going to take a stab at a recipe that I tried before that didn't work out all that well. It's that Balsamic Soy Glaze recipe I posted in the chicken section. I didn't reduce it enought the first time so I am trying it again. Probably served with carrots and broccoli and some cresant rolls. Happy Eating!!!:chef:

Leftovers from our dinner last night. I made toooo much again. lol.

and Paul begged me to make PA Bakers coffee creme brulee for our guests. It's one of his favorites. I did. They brought dessert so I have a double batch of that to munch on! Yummmmy!

The boy just made a lovely vegetable soup for me, he had 2 big bowls and I just had a sip of the broth. I'm coming off a ten day fast and cant eat the soup until tomorrow night. But it tasted and smells wonderful!! I can't wait to eat food again!!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday dinner!!

LEFSElover said:
gosh, I wish I was home to enjoy my drive to your house:LOL:
so then a sort of trifle then, weighted down so all those yummy flavors become one. Yummy............
I think so, triffle sounds right..I couldn't resist trying it using french bread instead of lady fingers or cake..The raspberries are fresh and big and sweet so I'm hoping this works! Wish you were home to, would love company:)

kadesma

Grilled pork chops
Homemade apple sauce
Potatoes, leeks. onions and carrots roasted in goose fat. It was good.:)
Tesco are currently selling quite reasonably sized jars of goose fat for a reasonable price:rolleyes:

I think I'm leaning towards an Asian-style salmon burger on a bed of greens lightly dressed with a sesame oil vinaigrette then serve a side of wasabi coleslaw with it. At least at this moment that's what I'm having. :chef:

Yum Kitchenelf!

I'm in from a break - working in the yard. I may be too beat to cook tonight, although I have the makings for a chicken fried rice if I feel up to it! LOL!

It is Sunday and I am going to made bake veal cutlets with mashed potatoes, apple pie with ice cream and peas and carrots.

snuck in to correct some spelling - Kitchenelf

Last edited by a moderator:
It is leftovers. Cabbage Homemade Soup. The Lemon Chicken I cooked in the crock pot yesterday...made chicken salad. It is Soup and Salad. Homemade Oatmeal Cookies and Green Tea. Later a snack.

went to get a ginger lemonade, followed by an adult bevereage. that may be my dinner. exhausted!!

Potatoes were on sale today. Buy a 5lb bag and get the second for free. I bought yukons and idahos.

On that note dinner tonight will either be using the yukons, to make potatoes au gratin with ham or using the idahos, potato leek soup and biscuits.

On the other hand, dh is thinking about going to see 300 tonight and in that case I may not cook any potatoes at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom