ISO Bourbon Carrots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
:chef: Does anyone have a recipe for bourbon carrots? Jimmy and I just got back from a BBQ/smokehouse restaurant that was recommended to us the BBQ (Pulled chicken, baby back ribs, reg ribs and brisket)was good though a little drier than we like it but, the Bourbon carrots were GREAT!!!!!;)
Hope somebody has this recipe -maybe my pal Uncle Bob???
Love and energy, VIcki

Miss Vicki...

Can ya describe the carrots a bit more..were they the "baby peeled" whole, sliced, in a sauce etc. I think I might have this one.

Hi VickiQ!

Sautee the carrots in butter with shallots and a bit of S&P, slowly, till the carrots are tender. When the carrots are just about done, deglaze the pan with a third cup of bourbon, scraping everything up and spooning it over the carrots till the bourbon thickens.
If the carrots are not sweet enough to begin with, I'd toss a spoonful of demerera sugar in during the initial cooking step.

Thanks Vera this sounds good.

Uncle Bob- The carrots were sliced and I think I detected background flavors of cinnamon and brown sugar though the sauce wasn't thick or syruppy it did glaze the carrots.
Not proud to say this but, when we finished the carrots my husband who thought he was being discreet picked up the bowl to drink the sauce by turning away from the others in the dining room but, we were sitting by the window so the guests coming in got to witness his drinking from the bowl !!!He did this to make me laugh but, he really also enjoyed the carrots that much!!!
Thanks for your help !!!Love and energy, Vicki

Miss Vicki..

Chug-a-lugging the bowl Huh?:LOL: I think we have been there/done that!

I do believe the method that Miss Vera described above is the method of choice. You could add a wee bit of brown sugar and cinnamon if you like.
You may look for glazed carrot recipes and add bourbon. Or maybe "candied" sweet potato recipes for ideas. Be careful adding alcohol to a hot pan. It will ignite sometimes. Ya don't want to flambe your eye lashes.:LOL:

VickiQ said:
Thanks Vera this sounds good.

Uncle Bob- The carrots were sliced and I think I detected background flavors of cinnamon and brown sugar though the sauce wasn't thick or syruppy it did glaze the carrots.
Not proud to say this but, when we finished the carrots my husband who thought he was being discreet picked up the bowl to drink the sauce by turning away from the others in the dining room but, we were sitting by the window so the guests coming in got to witness his drinking from the bowl !!!He did this to make me laugh but, he really also enjoyed the carrots that much!!!
Thanks for your help !!!Love and energy, Vicki

Glad to be of help! Have a great weekend!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom