Dinner friday, March 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Going to grill some boneless pork, corn on the cob, cole slaw and crusty bread - cake for dessert.

Last edited:
I'm in the mood for breakfast for dinner. Someone mentioned it yesterday and it sounded so good that I took bacon out of the freezer as soon as I read the post!

gonna make pot stickers and dipping sauces, and stir fry brocollini with sechuan sauce over brown rice. simple but yummy

Its my birthday and we are moving this weekend....so I'm not going out because I'm packing, packing, packing! We don't have so much stuff here, but I have been trying to get everything we own laundered before packing, so have a mountain of ironing too (I'm not mad, I am just skimming I know I'll have to press it all at the other end again!). I am quite tempted to tell DH to buy a cake on the way hiome and just have cake for supper!

lulu said:
Its my birthday and we are moving this weekend....so I'm not going out because I'm packing, packing, packing! We don't have so much stuff here, but I have been trying to get everything we own laundered before packing, so have a mountain of ironing too (I'm not mad, I am just skimming I know I'll have to press it all at the other end again!). I am quite tempted to tell DH to buy a cake on the way hiome and just have cake for supper!

happy birthday lulu!:)

Half Baked said:
I'm in the mood for breakfast for dinner. Someone mentioned it yesterday and it sounded so good that I took bacon out of the freezer as soon as I read the post!

great idea half baked.i looooove breakfast for dinner,specially pan cakes or french toast and lots of scrambled eggs with cheese.i was not sure what to have for dinner tonight,but now i'm thinking maybe we'll have breakfast too.:chef:

i still have to talk to dw to see if she's planned anything for tonight, but i may stop off at the fish market and pick something up for dinner.

i saw a really good recipe for tea smoked japanese sea bass; not sure how it'll work out with the smoke alarms. or i may get some haddock and cook it in a basil and garlic fresh tomato sauce. or maybe calamari, in fra diavolo.

i still have a piece of monkfish that has to be cooked. i'm thinking of tossing it in with the calamari, or making a ceviche. will be searching for ceviche recipes.

It's an outdoor fire type night!!

We'll start with the city pretzels as always. I have a couple of plums that I may grill and serve stuffed with bleu cheese. I also have a couple of chicken breasts that I may weave onto sticks or skewers and roast and serve on garlic bread with tomato slices.

It's the official return of the rum tonight, too!! It's a week early, but I really think a night by the fire deserves rum!

We'll be in the hot tub before 10pm!

VeraBlue said:
It's the official return of the rum tonight, too!! It's a week early, but I really think a night by the fire deserves rum!

I demand flavor impressions in my rum flavor thread!!!!! :mad: :-p :ROFLMAO:

John

And I have no idea what's for dinner.....

Happy Happy Birthday LuLu. Many happens returns to you;) ;) ;)

just did a post and it vanished.
rats!

dinner, who knows, maybe out to eat, or maybe the London Broil that is marinating in dozens:rolleyes: of things.
Decided to en papillote it off and it's been in the oven for years now. smells great in here, no, really, it does:huh: .
I also had a tomatoe sauce going for hours that I added black beans to with lots of garlic and onion, vegetable stock and seasonings like PD's for one, and took the boat prop to it [okay, some call it an immersion blender], turned out so creamy although no cream, just really delicious and no fat, no meat, so good for me. comfort food for this lass today.
happy weekend to you all...

hate it when I post and it flees...:mad:

Last edited:
Today is beauty parlor Friday so I will have my hair done - then do some shopping at the market and whatever interesting things that I buy I will make for dinner.

I am in the mood for a large Porterhouse steak, mashed potatoes, some type of vegetable and a glass of red wine.

shpj4 said:
Today is beauty parlor Friday so I will have my hair done - then do some shopping at the market and whatever interesting things that I buy I will make for dinner.

I am in the mood for a large Porterhouse steak, mashed potatoes, some type of vegetable and a glass of red wine.
well so am I, where do you live?:LOL:

We're having poached salmon fillets and fresh asparagus from our garden. I'd like to make some pasta to go with it, but DH will probably opt for baked potatoes.

The fish and chips thread inspired me - so rummaged through the freezer and found 2 catfish fillets. mr. callie will do the frying honors. I just took a pan of brownies out of the oven. i'm bringing in the weekend with Banrock Station merlot and mr. will have his fave, Budweiser.

cheers!

Back
Top Bottom