Mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
I was just lookin for a snack 10:30 pm and found a pound of mushrooms in the fridge. Oh My :!: I am doin those tonight :!:

bang, my fav with the funghi: butter, fresh thyme, red wine, s & P, mushrooms, cover and simmer, remove mushrooms, reduce sauce, finish with a bit more butter.

ps- sorry dude, couldn't work bacon in there, but you might be able to, oh master of the pork belly...

Mushrooms are a neat condiment to a numberof things, and take on the taste and flavour of whatever you pair them with...

In my Ontarian ravels, I've passed through "Hearst" a small French community in the north largely aimed at lumber and tried to copy the "Companion" Hotel kitchen's recipe for mushrooms as a side to steak...whether I've nailed their recipe I will never know, but son #1 thrives on this attempt:

2 cups washed, stemmed, and thinly sliced mushrooms...

An ounce or two of olive oil, in a saute pan, heating, drop in the sliced mushrooms, over medium heat, add about two tablespoons of choped garlic, the same of low salt soya sauce, half an ounce of Worcestshire, and generously douse with onion powder, periodically mixing and flipping with a spatula...

This goes very well with steak and perogies, but son one can inhale this on the least excuse...

Back
Top Bottom