Spellchecker to download that will work in posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL: Many thanks for the spell check. I think ti will work fine. Except for errors that do spell a word.

LOL - yea!!!!!! be sure and click that button that by-passes that step! I only have to log in now when I delete my cookies.

Bege,
Did the big storms leave you alone?
Before DH retired from the Navy we lived in Jacksonville and he retired in Penscola..Also was stationed at Camp Lejeune N.C. and I Had my share of Hurricanes so we came to shaky California.. :LOL:
Marge

Dove said:
Bege,
Did the big storms leave you alone?
Before DH retired from the Navy we lived in Jacksonville and he retired in Penscola..Also was stationed at Camp Lejeune N.C. and I Had my share of Hurricanes so we came to shaky California.. :LOL:
Marge

Hey, Dove
Just gusty winds, downed trees and limbs, and power outages. This was our first, in the 11 years we have lived here. Thanks for asking. I guess it was just a trade off for you. Bev :D

Anonymous said:
Many thanks for the spell check. I think ti will work fine. Except for errors that do spell a word.

Oh, Anonymous, you mean, "Spelt exchequers dew knot all weighs work wright" ??? :LOL:

For anyone who hasn't checked it out - this program if free for personal use
but requires Windows 9x or later, and Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.

I've been using it since kitchenelf posted the link and think it's pretty nifty - works when posting here and in e-mail, too.

One difference I have noticed, from others using it, is that right-clicking doesn't work for me. But, there is an icon (says ABC with a check mark under it) on the tool bar at the top of any IE programs and left-clicking on that opens the spell checker. This is probably due to something I have loaded that the others don't that is affecting how it is launched. On posts here, it's located up above the "Smiles".

I'm afraid using spell check would make me lazy. I want to do it myself! Who is it that circles my errors in red?

licia said:
I'm afraid using spell check would make me lazy. I want to do it myself! Who is it that circles my errors in red?

That would be Barbara and I, the two resident English teachers on staff.:rolleyes: You should see my computer screen somedays with all the red circles all over it! :LOL: (Not from you licia, I meant that as just a general statement)

Dove said:
Question..
When it asks me if I want to "open" or "save" do I click open or save?? :oops:

when I download something, just to be safe, I usually click save, the save as --- to desktop.. then before I open the folder, I run a quick scan for viruses.. then I open it..
Then if you want to be really organized.. you make a new folder and put that on your desktop and name it installers.. then drag all the programs you installed.. like this spell check, or a new msn version etc, and put them all in there.. and your completely organized... ( to make a new folder, just right click on any empty spot on your desktop.. click new .. then click folder... then a little folder will appear on your desktop... right click on that folder.. rename it whatever you want.. installers, songs, recipes.. etc) :)

Chaplain Kent said:
You can get a simple easy to use spell checker plus a pop up blocker with the Google tool bar. The spell checker will check anything you type on any page.

Thank you!

This is very cool, I'd not encountered this thread before. Just a thought though (I haven't looked into all the spell checking options listed here), sometimes downloads don't work with all types of operating systems and browsers, though if you've got Explorer (and use it, lol) it tends to be compatible with the majority of different downloads. Firefox and Opera are catching up, but still Explorer tends to be the only sure-fire one sometimes :)

Back
Top Bottom