Stuffed Turkey in Roaster Oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

52jimh

Assistant Cook
Hi: I'm new to this site and was brought here when trying to find someone who has cooked a stuffed turkey in a Roaster Oven. I couldn't find the answer so I'll try it and post the results.
Wish me Luck!
52jimh:huh:

When I was growing up, my grandmother did it all the time. Her turkey was always delicious.

As long as you follow the instructions that came with your roaster, I see no reason why you shouldn't have success.

Stuffed Turkey in Roaster Oven update

Thanks everyone for the responses. The turkey turned out Fantastic! This was the first time using a Roaster Oven and it is a great gadget. We stuffed the bird at about 12:30, had it in the RO about 20 mins later. It took about 4hrs to cook and was very moist and tasty. The one thing I did learn is to add more that a 1/2 cup water. We ended up putting in a total of about 1-1/2 cups. (I think that the stuffing tends to absorb some of the steam and/or liquids initally and uses up the original 1/2 cup in no time. The stuffing turned out moist and delicious. We basted the turkey every hour or so with butter/browning sauce/paprika combo and it turned out fine.
Thanks again and we'll be back here more often.:chef:

yup those roaster ovens are quite a good appliance. and for kitchens with only one oven, can make a BIG difference in holiday meal prep. (and they do a fine turkey)

Back
Top Bottom