Dinner Thursday April 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Iam make chicken breast sandwiches, w/ bacon, cheese and lettuce. Boxed mac -n- cheese, and cole slaw. setting out olives, dill pickels, and hot pepper rings.

Last edited:
I pulled out the last of my frozen chicken leg-and-thing quarters last night. No idea what I'm going to do with them, yet. I do have some cole slaw and potato salad left over from my BBQ ribs on Monday. Maybe I'll grill the the chicken.

Salad nicoise. Just as I get salad back on the menu the weather drops, lol. Still, its hearty so I'm sure DH won't be too miffed, I'll make some garlic bread to warm it all up a little. :)

I have some chicken breasts thawing and I think I'm going to marinate it with some evoo, lemon juice, garlic, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, fresh ginger, rosemary and balsalmic vinegar.

I have some veggies that I really need to use up so I think I'll add those to the marinade and cut the chicken up into chunks and make kaboobs and serve it over rice.

Lunch will be my world famous Italian sausage and peppers, two slices of San Francisco sourdough, and a mixed greens salad with shredded Mexican cheeses, garlic and butter croutons, and honey Dijon mustard dressing. Supper will most likely be a salad, or maybe Progresso beef soup since I am having a salad with lunch.

Leftover meatloaf, roasted butternut squash with vanilla and cinnamon and buttered egg noodles. It's cold and dreary here today so this should make a good comfort food meal!

I made whole wheat blueberry pancakes for dinner tonight! Very tasty, first time I used whole wheat flour!

But bummer that all the calories I burned working out, I just ate for dinner!

Going out to dinner with a friend at El Torito restaurant in Sacramento, CA. I used to eat there alot when I was living here in the Sacramento Valley. I have not eaten there for years. I hope the food is still just as excellent as I remember.

I ended up bringing the chicken, and flavored the brine w/ black pepper, garlic, sage, rosemary, and thyme. I grilled this, and made some Herbed Oven Roasted Potatoes, and nuked some sweet peas.

PeppA about had a litter of kittens, it was so good. She wants me to do this again.

I had a frozen chicken chimichanga, Hubby had left over meatloaf. I am nursing and babying my back so I am not much good in the kitchen right now!

I really really wanted a lobster for dinner, but I'm not paying $15 per lb, so I ordered the fried calamari from Olive Garden. Now normally I'm not keen on Olive garden, but their calamari is really good, dipped in the marinara sauce. Their sauce is not great, but hey, the calamari was perfectly done, not chewy at all.

We had a Chinese tamale: called joong, along with sauteed bok choi and cuttlefish

Tonight we're eating shrimp and dolphin - the mahi mahi kind, not the bottlenose kind : P With some coconut rice and a mountain of vegetables. Yay! I've had the craving for weeks.

SHAMALICIOUS said:
Mums making good old pasta bolognese! *big happy smile!
let's see, if I get on the plane right now.................perhaps I could make it there by Tuesday:LOL:

Our dinner tonight is still as yet, uneaten. The DH isn't home from work yet and it's 7:42 PM California time. I haven't slept since yesterday at 7:00 AM California time and I'm ready to collapse.
I manage dinner rolls, the ones PD made on her show today except I inserted a chunk of colby cheddarella, potato and cauliflower soup and Italian sausages on the Forman for the husbster. If he isn't home soon I'll be falling into slumber, alone and hungry:(

Well thankfully DH called before I had a chance to marinate the meat and veggies....he ended up taking me out to our favorite mexican resturant for some Fiesta Fajitas and a margarita.....YUM!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom