Three-week old corned beef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
Uncooked, in the cryovac'd package, with a little brine, in the fridge.

Think it's still okay?

Lee

Look on the package and see if there's a "best by" or "use by" date on it. Let that be your guide. Just a guess off my hip, probably is okay. Check the date anyway, though, and make sure the packaging hasn't been breached. If the package isn't fully factory-sealed, you could have a problem. Submerge it in water and see if you detect any leakage, etc.

the whole purpose of corning beef is to preserve it...it's been sealed, kept cool, should be fine. Plus you are going to simmer it for several hours I would think.

I agree with Katie, I always checked dates on everything! (worked in grocery store for almost 16 yrs.) not everything is rotated like they should be.

Katie E said:
Look on the package and see if there's a "best by" or "use by" date on it. Let that be your guide. Just a guess off my hip, probably is okay. Check the date anyway, though, and make sure the packaging hasn't been breached. If the package isn't fully factory-sealed, you could have a problem. Submerge it in water and see if you detect any leakage, etc.

Here is your answer. as well as the others!

Back
Top Bottom