Chocolate Frosting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafter7

Assistant Cook
Ok I need some help i am using my grandmothers cake and frosting recipe it is 3c sugar spoon of cocoa mix add 1/2 to 3/4 c milk and 1tbsp corn syrup cook down then add 1 stick of margarine beat till dull look.

Ok i have done this everytime it is extremely rich and some what a hard setup still taste ok but not that soft frosting type My grandmother is real hard to talk to on the phone about things and she lives 5 hours away can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

:ermm:

Rafter 7...did you get an answer on your Chocolate Frosting? Is there a thread on Frosting for Cakes.

We are in need of Frosting for Cakes..please.

To the OP- if your frosting is setting up very hard it might be because you have cooked you sugar for too long. When sugar reaches certain temperatures it will set up harder.

Grandma said to cook it down the next time I cooked it i didnt cook it as long she said that when you dropinto cold water it should make a ball This last time i made it it wasnt quit as bad tasted not as sweet but still sweet.

ask granny

If she added the margarine (butter) to the hot milk/sugar/cocoa or if she let the mixture cool and added it to the marg. or butter that she had creamed. The former would set up more like fudge, while the second would be more of a "butter cream" type and would stay creamy.

Back
Top Bottom