Dinner, Sat. April 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Just my son and I tonight, so Iam grilling some thin steaks- fast, spicy
garlic-butter shrimp, oven fries or baked potatoes and garlic bread.

May make a dessert.

Last edited:
WOW, Barb! I am still contemplating breakfast, lol!

I think tonight is going to be green curried Shrimp with peppers, onion, mint, yogurt and lemongrass over basmati. I have had all the ingredients for a couple of days now, and I might get the time to actually prepare everything today.

I haven't got as far as dinner yet either, BUT, I used the recipe for pancakes on the bisquick box this morning and they are great. I usually use the basic recipe and put chocolate chips on my grandson's, but today I made the one using 2 eggs, baking powder, and lemon juice. Everyone ate more than usual, except me: I just made one recipe and just had two since all the others were eaten up as fast as I could turn them out. Dinner is too far in the future for me right now. I'm going to spend some Christmas gift cards today. I suppose this shows how far behind I am in EVERYTHING.

I think I'll keep it simple tonight. I have a big stack of Omaha steak's burgers I really should start using, so I think I'll make an In-N-Out Burger style double double, and a nice green salad.

Another night to hang out with friends. Their making a taco casserole so I made up a batch of homemade salsa to take along.

Tonight is Chicken Breasts stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese, Baby Spinach, and Procuitto, Lemon Herb Steamed Artichokes with Mock Hollandaise Dipping Sauce, and Savory Rice Pilaf. Dessert is Baked Polynesian Pineapple Slices topped with Decadent Homemade Coconut Ice Cream and drizzled with warm Caramel Sauce.

A Tripple peperoni and cheese pizza whilst watching Dr Who.
(the Usual saturday for us).

Its cold and rainy here so I am going to make a big kettle of beef vegtable soup, homemade yeast rolls and oatmeal carmelitas for dessert. Just dinner and a movie here for us.

Same here on the weather, Toots, with more on the way tomorrow. So tonight we are having chili and cornbread. Our movie is Children of Men.

(amber, your dinner sounds good - what are ditalini? never heard of them)

Tonight I am going out with some friends for dinner. There is a lovely French restaurant in Encino called Cafe Bijou and we made a reservation for 8PM.

Bourbon...Buffalo Trace

Southern Country Cooking.
Chicken, mashed potatoes and graaaavy. Beans cooked in country ham and andouille added at the end. Hot corn bread. (No sugar:-p )

Chocolate Fudge Cake and Nilla Ice cream

Bourbon...Old Weller Antique 107......:sleep:

I could eat with you evry night - but being a Michagander, need my cornbread sweet- sry. Thats how my Grandma made her Johnny Cake !

hey YT2095 I like Dr. Who also! Have watched most of them. Anyway
its game night and we will be snacking on BBQ'd wings, potato salad,
baked beans, relish tray and Razzelberry pie for dessert.

Have not entered the kitchen except for tea all day:LOL: DH took me out for breakfast, a golden brown waffle, bacon and maple syrup, came home, then watched Ethan's soccer practice, went looking for material to re-cover two chairs, then I was treated to dinner at my favortie Mexican place..Cheese enchiladas, mexican chicken soup laced with crushed tortilla chips, ice tea and flan for dessert. I may never eat again I"m so full, but boy being babied can sure grow on ya:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom