Can I refreeze chicken wings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dancer in the kitchen

Senior Cook
My sister-in-law & her family were suppose to come over for dinner tonight, but they decided to go back to New Jersey today because of impending bad weather. I defrosted 2 family-sized packages of whole chicken wings! Can I refreeze one of the packages? They've been in the fridge since Thursday. What other options do I have? Help! :wacko:

Miss Dancer...

Under the circumstances you describe I would refreeze them. I normally do not like to refreeze, but I don't think there would be any harm in this case.

Enjoy!

I guess it's to late to wrap them up and let your SIL take them home.

Uncle Bob said:
Miss Dancer...

Under the circumstances you describe I would refreeze them. I normally do not like to refreeze, but I don't think there would be any harm in this case.

Enjoy!

I guess it's to late to wrap them up and let your SIL take them home.

Yeah, they left first thing this morning. I would feel weird giving them a package of uncooked wings anway. Thanks for the input! :)

Now myself I wouldn't re-freeze, if they have been out since thursday. I would cook them first then freeze (Flat) or on a cookie sheet. Then put in freeze bag.

I would cook some now and the rest in a couple of days. Definitely don't refreeze them raw.

You might end up eating them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a few days but I can't imagine thawed out and reheated chicken wings being very nice. Then again, I don't like any meat which has been frozen and thawed out so...

Many store bought wings are cooked and refrozen. No harm done, but you normally just bake them to serving temperature rather than frying or even grilling them. I recommend thawing them before use, but Yes, they will be alright.

Either way there's no real harm done by refreezing them, but are you talking about raw plain unseasoned chicken wings, or commercially seasoned/frozen chicken wings (which, 9 times out of 10 are already cooked & just need reheating)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom