I love tomato soup!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oppose

Cook
there are 2 soups ill eat and thats chicken soup and tomato soup! for aslong as i remember ive just loved the contrast of the white noodles and red soup. long live tomato soup.

Do you ever add anything to your soups for variety? For the chicken noodle soup, I have added frozen mixed vegetables (which I thaw in the microwave first) and toward the end of heating, I also add some fresh zucchini (peeled & cubed) and cook until zucchini is done. As for the tomato soup, I have added some garnish like cheddar and croutons...etc but when I add anything into the soup, it always ends up tasting like Spaghetti O's.

ive never made a soup but im from a polish family so i cant throw a rock without hitting someone who make soup. its my next frontier in cooking.

oppose said:
ive never made a soup but im from a polish family so i cant throw a rock without hitting someone who make soup. its my next frontier in cooking.

Heads Up!.....DCer's who can make soup! :LOL:

i always liked the idea of making soup since i saw some cartoon about throwing in a rock for magical flavor or something. im not even that old so im sure someones seen it before, u knw about the magical rock.

StirBlue said:
Do you ever add anything to your soups for variety? For the chicken noodle soup, I have added frozen mixed vegetables (which I thaw in the microwave first) and toward the end of heating, I also add some fresh zucchini (peeled & cubed) and cook until zucchini is done. As for the tomato soup, I have added some garnish like cheddar and croutons...etc but when I add anything into the soup, it always ends up tasting like Spaghetti O's.
I love to eat popcorn with my tomato soup

I love tomato soup, only recently started to make it. After I tasted for the first time basicaly I fell in love with it, unfortunately it was only like 2-3 years ago. Never had it before. The thing I like the best it is so easy to make. !5-20 minutes and it's done. Chicken soup is my all time favorite, but it takes much longer to make.

i always liked the idea of making soup since i saw some cartoon about throwing in a rock for magical flavor or something. im not even that old so im sure someones seen it before, u knw about the magical rock.

The rock in the story "Stone Soup" really is nothing more than a catalyst. The villagers were all hoarding their food but starving in the process snce they each had only a small amount of food. The traveler starts with water and a stone. The villagers become curious about his cooking. He tells them he's making stone soup. It's a very good soup but could be made better if he had an onion. So one villager says he has an onion. The story continues like this until a hearty vegetable soup is in the making from everyone contributing their own little bit. There was enough for everyone to eat their fill. The rock really had nothing to do with the soup itself as far as being magical except that it brought everyone together.

I love tom. soup also. Last winter, I started making my own and now my husband and son like it too. I was raised on campbell's, and I still love it for lunch with a sandwich

I really enjoy tomato/rice soup. It's really good.
And for chicken soup...well.......matzo balls.....egg noodles......rice.....and I always like to mash up my cooked carrots in it too

jabbur said:
The rock in the story "Stone Soup" really is nothing more than a catalyst. The villagers were all hoarding their food but starving in the process snce they each had only a small amount of food. The traveler starts with water and a stone. The villagers become curious about his cooking. He tells them he's making stone soup. It's a very good soup but could be made better if he had an onion. So one villager says he has an onion. The story continues like this until a hearty vegetable soup is in the making from everyone contributing their own little bit. There was enough for everyone to eat their fill. The rock really had nothing to do with the soup itself as far as being magical except that it brought everyone together.

My grandmother used to read us that story when we were little. Even as a little kid, I understood and loved the moral: as individuals, they had didn't have enough resources, but when they teamed up to pool their resources, they had plenty. A great lesson in business, families, and life.

Thanks, jabbur!

Lee

My favorite way to have tomato soup is with chick peas & a hint of lemon. There was a restaurant names St. Basil's that always made it that way & I just loved it with crusty parmesan bread.

jabbur said:
The rock really had nothing to do with the soup itself as far as being magical except that it brought everyone together.

if thats not magic then i don't know what is.

Back
Top Bottom