Dinner, Tuesday April 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*sigh* the pizza shop over the road s calling....but I'm having a marinara ...for 3 euros!...so don't feel too wicked....and a bottle of rose with DH....we are going to sit on our balcony and eat pizza and nespole....I don't know nespole in England but they are tiny little un-fussy skinned apricots...what are the called in English?

Garlic roasted chicken. I'm hopeing that it will go with the mustard and dill sauce left over from last nights dinner. If not it will taste good my itelf. Serving with roasted zuchinni and cherry tomatoes, and shredded potatoes.

Dinner at Twin Oaks...

Bourbon....

Tomatillo Soup...

A Caprese Salad (of sorts)

Southern Fried Chicken...

Squash Casserole....

Roasted Asparagus/Prosciutto

Green Bean Bundles (whole beans wrapped in bacon)

Sauteed Cabbage in bacon drippiings..

Bourbon...

Can you say Eclecticism or maybe Multiculturalism or Maybe Weird:ermm:
Welcom to Uncle Bob's test kitchen:LOL:

We are having shrimp in a Mexican chorizo chipotle cream sauce, basmati rice, sauteed portobellos & spinach & an asparagus salad...blanched asparagus, yellow sweet peppers & vinaigrette.

I felt like experimenting today. So, I just played around with a couple random things in my kitchen.

I came up with "Santa Fe Crab in vodka cream sauce". it was surprisingly delicious. I think I'll try to recreate it again, tomorrow.

We found this Mia de Toscan brand pizza at wal-mart, with chicken, provolone, alfredo, ranch and cilantro, and we are hooked on adding more ranch, chopped romas, avacodo, feta stuffed olives, spinach, and shaved parmesan on top..... mmm. A weekly treat at our house now. Not sure which food group it belongs to....

Reading down even further after posting, I think I am with Uncle Bob in the multiculturalism club.

Last edited:
lulu said:
we are going to sit on our balcony and eat pizza and nespole....I don't know nespole in England but they are tiny little un-fussy skinned apricots...what are the called in English?

I wondered about that, too... IMO the closest thing that comes to mind is loquat.

Well, for our din din we had some skillet chicken kebob, artichoke alla romana, and strawberries and cream!

Argh, I thought you would know! LOL....maybe someone else will. I'll see if I can get a picture to post in the relevant section...my screen is so far gone I won't know how it looks though, lol.

Here are a couple of images of nespole!!

img_430544_0_098b77f3925085744f2c772a933bf91f.gif

img_430544_1_f45374faae7bf91e0f3eeff6abe34e3b.jpg

Thanks! I can seee the bottom picture fine.....now, does anyone know whatthey are?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom