My Lost Doggie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
On Friday evening I did not insure that the latch on my gate locked. My elderly, sickly, little, cowardly Jack Russell snuck (is that a word) out and disappeared. She was seen a few miles away (who'd have thought she could go that far! She never showed the least sign of wanting to go anywhere besides to bed or to dinner). Now she is gone forever. I'm heart-broken.

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you feel. My dogs are my kids. Fingers crossed that you find her!

Oh Claire - I am so sorry. Our bassett mix is an escape artist and I'm always worried she'll get out too. I can't imagine how worried and upset you are.

Putting up posters is a good idea. If you do not have a good picture of her, use a Jack Russell breed picture. You just want to give people an idea of what she looks like. Let your newspaper carrier know that she is missing. Check with area vets. If she is still on the loose, she may find food in the back yards of other pet owners. If you walk her in the neighborhood, she may be in the area of your walk. Hopefully a kind person has let her in, is feeding her, and is waiting for the owner to find her. Just keep knocking on doors. May an ad in the lost/found pet section. Good Luck....our prayers are with you.

Claire,

I know how you feel. Our dog Duncan broke free on my birthday in November (probably after girls) and we have not seen him since. We think someone took him. You should contact the newspaper and put signs up as soon as possible. Maybe someone will find her. Also check with any local animal shelters, veterinarians, or animal hospitals. Sometimes people turn found animals into those places. I hope you find her soon.

Barbara

Hello Claire, you might find someone has seen her in distress and has taken her in. Publicise that you have lost her near where you live or where she was last seen. I'm a great taker-inner of lost and abandoned animals. Someone like me could very well have her and be wondering where to return her.

How devestating!

Shelters and local vets are good places to hang notices and children often notice little dogs and cats that adults miss.

I hope this has a happy ending.

claire, my hugs to you. those guys, they're precious. got me tearful cause it's obvious you love her dearly. maybe your baby found another place where they'll love her like you loved her. hugs.

Last edited:
Claire, any updates? I hope you do find her or that she finds you... that is such a heart breaking thing to have happen, specially since she is on in the years. I pray that she is brought back safe to you soon... please keep us posted!!!

:) Claire dont give up you need to be really assertive to find your pup put the word out, read the news paper in the lost and found put an ad in the paper, call the local radio station, put up posters,contact shelters and vets alot of the time someone has your pup you just need to do all you can do to let people know whats going on.What ever you you do do not give up sometimes it takes alot of time to get the message out.

Back
Top Bottom