What's For Dinner, Wednesday, April 25, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
It feels like a meat heavy week for us...steak on Monday and today I'm doing pork.

I loved the look of this http://http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/portugese-pork-34375.html but weirdly cannot pick up bay, and I chicken out of pinching some from the park, lol, so I've used rosemary which should also be nice. After a recent thread on roast potatos I'm going to do the small continental unparboiled type ones. Now, one of my pet peeves is presenting peas as the lone/main veg and trying to convince onself its balanced and peas will do as a veg, BUT I might do that tonight. However, I think I'll jazz them up with some celery and carrots and spring onions to reieve my gripe a little :) DH has a late flight, so it will be a middle of the night meal I guess, but thats ok because its been so hot that it would be to heavy to eat in the heat! Alternatively as a side, I have to thin out the salads I planted in the window boxes and I might turn then into a dressed tiny leaf salad, but I think thats going to end up being tomorrow's meal. Today chores have been taking longer for some reason :)

I''m luring him home with meat and potatos...failsafe for men's homing instincts!

Sliced roast pork, with sage and onion stuffing, Carrots, Broc and Cauli, with plenty gravy, all served in a Giant Yorkshire pudding :)

gotta see what's in the freezer. time to clean it out, once and for all. then I'll restock. been so wanting to make KE's short ribs and those meatloaves that you all helped me with but the freezers are both filled with all but ground meat or short ribs, so???
I'd love a salad with a protein/meat of some sort atop, but the man in my life doesn't share my interests in that.
I'll come up with something.:(
Took one steak out of the freezer and it's marrying it's flavor buddies/helpers.
Took out 3 rather small pieces of bl/sl pork chops too. Marrying also with different flavor enhancers than the steak which was my plan.
Gnocchi is defrosting too and I'll marry that with the salad dressing I got on here last week. < The capers/garlic/evoo one. Tons of greens for the girl and grilling the meats so hubby can decide which he wants. The one he doesn't will be lunch for him tomorrow.

Last edited:
I pulled a small brisket from the freezer this morning.
I'll probably braise it this evening with potatoes, onions, carrots ect.....

Hey Lulu, do you want some bayleaves? We do have a big tree in the garden by Cris's garage, and we have more bayleaves than we know what to do with!! Seriously, I am glad to send you some, hey, they weigh naught anyway, postage will be no problem either!! ;)

Today is a national holiday in Italy, for the first time in I don't know how long, Cris will have a little spare time. So we may do some pizzas!!:-p

Hope you and Cris are enjoying your day together, Licia!

The recipe I was planning on making today will have to wait until tomorrow for I am out of butter!:wacko: I searched both freezers and the fridge and came up with none--this is unheard of in my house!:LOL:

So tonight it will be an easy meal of lemon pepper tilapia, mac and cheese and peas with mushrooms. And I'll be sure to stock up on butter at the store tomorrow!:rolleyes:

Our house is still torn up with the redecorating, so we're doing easy stuff. Tonight, Kim's going to slide some frozen breaded fish fillets in the oven for fish sandwiches.

BBQ Rib NIGHT! Yay! :LOL:

After reading the 2 'calorie' threads, I got hungry for ribs!

urmaniac13 said:
Hey Lulu, do you want some bayleaves? We do have a big tree in the garden by Cris's garage, and we have more bayleaves than we know what to do with!! Seriously, I am glad to send you some, hey, they weigh naught anyway, postage will be no problem either!! ;)

Today is a national holiday in Italy, for the first time in I don't know how long, Cris will have a little spare time. So we may do some pizzas!!:-p

Urmaniac, could I have some too please. I can't find the trees either. I would take only a scant amount and then I'll freeze them forever. I am happy to pay postage.........................:huh:

Ooooh, yes please..., although not sure why I cannot find thenm in the shops, maybe they will be back in the stores/markets soon? Let me look this week and if I can't find them I'll email/pm DH's office address for post!....they are everywhere. outside them!...they are really strict about the parks though, rightly!

Enjoy your pizzas! I forgot today was a holiday because our shops are open and M is in London! Have a great rest of the day

Turkey; cornbread dressing; mashed potatoes; corn; romaine salad with honey dijon dressing, shredded cheese and croutons; a piece of cherry pie; and a small bottle of San Pellegrino.

Lefse and Lulu, your batch of bayleaves will be on your way as soon as I get your addys!!;):cool:

Its a dreary day outside with the rain and cloudy skies. I had planned to grill out but don't feel like getting the ole tush wet while doing so so plan B.

Shrimp Scampi and I'll toss that into some Linguine. I have some broccoli in the refrigerator.....not sure how that will pair with everything but I think I'll throw some of that in as well.
Spring Blend Salad Mix. I'll just make a lemon vinegrette to go with that
Garlic/Herb Bread....I still need to run off to the store to get the bread though.

PA, it looks GREAT, wow, I love DC. Its one of those simple things that I know is going to make an impact in my kitchen! Thank you for the link!

SizzlininIN said:
Thanks for the idea PA.....I'll def. give it a try.

We do the same as PA , broccoli pasta, quite often....when DH wants it a bit special I f=roughly chop some good mozzerella through to melt in the heat of the pasta...just for a bit more toothsomeness.

Left over Sesame chicken for hubby tonight. I'll have what ever when I get home from rehab around 9pm.

Am going to make a meal in foil. It's called Family Steak. It's round steak with mushroom soup poured on top and then sprinkle on an envelope of onion soup mix. Wrap tight and bake. Having mashed potatoes and green beans. Also having some root beer floates for a dessert.

Back
Top Bottom