ISO recipes using crescent rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite is to eat them just after they are baked and add a bit of my favorite jam. My preference is apricot, grape, or strawberry jam.

My neighbor used to spread Nutella on the pastry before rolling up. Bake as directed on the package and sprinkle with powdered sugar. They are delicious!

family favorite-
hot dogs, make a sliced half way through the hot dog (length wise)
American cheese or even swiss
I take the american cheese fold in in half and take each half place in the slice you made in dog.
wrap cresent roll starting with wide end and roll up hot dog and cheese.
bake according to cresent roll direction.
when rolls are down hot dog is done.

Here ya go, Angie.

Mushroom & Sour Cream-Filled Croissants

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/389013-post1.html

Edited to add a few more ideas:

Seems like eons ago (when I first started cooking), I made two pizzas in rectangular metal pans using the crescent roll/dough as the base. I would have to dig it out for the exact method, but basically you flatten & pinch the dough together & lay it out in the pan & bake - then add toppings of choice & heat till everything is melted & cooked through. A topping that may sound odd, but was very good, was tuna & sauteed strips of green peppers & onions, freshly-ground black pepper (shredded cheese & black sliced olives? Don't recall, but add what you like).

Calzone - Fillings can be ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, ham, mushrooms - any combo of ingredients you prefer, with a marinara dipping sauce.

A 'sweet' filling can be cream cheese & chocolate chips - or a rugalach (sp) filling i.e. raisins & chopped walnuts - or pie filling - apple, cherry etc.

On the savoury side - ground beef, diced onions, shredded cabbage and shredded cheese as a filling - like a Runza:

Runza®

Or a Reuben.

Last edited:
Look up pepperoni pinwheels on Pillsbury's web site. Of course pigs in the blanket with little smoke sausages are always popular. I spread a little bit of dijon on the inside side of the crescent roll before slicing and rolling the sausage up.

licia said:
My neighbor used to spread Nutella on the pastry before rolling up. Bake as directed on the package and sprinkle with powdered sugar. They are delicious!

Nutella's first item on the list of ingredients is sugar. Then she also sprinkled it with powdered sugar? That makes my teeth ache just thinking about it. Does her dentist know about this?

I believe that Paula Deen has done something interesting with those Pop-N-Fresh things on her TV show. Let me look it up and get back to you.

I lied. She has TWO recipers for them:

Recipes : Poppy Seed Pinwheels : Food Network

Recipes : Snake Bites : Food Network

Last edited:
letscook said:
family favorite-
hot dogs, make a sliced half way through the hot dog (length wise)
American cheese or even swiss
I take the american cheese fold in in half and take each half place in the slice you made in dog.
wrap cresent roll starting with wide end and roll up hot dog and cheese.
bake according to cresent roll direction.
when rolls are down hot dog is done.

We had a guy show up for a football game one Sunday and I'd whipped up these to munch on. He LOVED them so much that he mentioned them everytime he popped in. Finally he asked me for the 'recipe'. His wife does not cook, I mean - Does not cook at ALL!

His daughter asked me to work with her so I'm going to have a little 5 family neighbor party and teach her to make 3 casseroles and the crescent roll hot dogs. I thought she'd be able to make the casseroles at home for her family...oh yes, and the hot dogs :LOL: .

We like this one with crescents.

Ham and Broccoli Ring

1 cup chopped ham
1/2 cup or so broc.
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup mayo
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 cup cheddar cheese

Form a wreath with the crescents( or it looks like a star when it's flat) Mix up all of the above ingredients and spoon on your crescent star fold them over to form a wreath shape. Bake at 375 until brown and cheese melts.

Does anyone have the recipe to make the crescent rolls into a coffee cake? Maybe it isn't even crescent rolls. I had this years ago and loved it but never asked for the recipe. i know it was made with packaged rolls of some kind, and it had walnuts or pecans on it.

Ground-Beef Wrap Ups
1 1/4 lb. lean ground round
2 t. salt
2 (8oz.) packages crescent rolls
1 (8oz.) pack shredded cheese or more depending on your taste
1/2 onion

toppings-choose what you like
I use
sour cream
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
you could also add-olives

Preheat oven to 350. Heat skillet on high. Add beef and and brown for a few minutes. Add onion to beef mixture and continue to cook until is done and onions are slightly cooked.
Roll out first package of crescent rolls onto a baing sheet. Separate into 4 individual squares. Do not separate into triangles. Place beef mixture into each square leaving room on sides. Sprinkle with cheese. Open second pack of crescent rolls and place same square piece over each wrap and seal together to make a pocket. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top. Place wraps in oven. Bake 13 minutes or until done. Top with desired ingredients.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/spaghetti-beef-wrap-ups-easy-and-delicious-9036.html?highlight=ground+beef+wrap-ups

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/crescent-cordon-bleu-5799.html?highlight=crescent+cordon

Sloppy Joe Squares
1 pound ground beef
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 package Sloppy Joe seasoning mix
2 Tablespoons onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 8oz. cans crescent dinner rolls
1 cup American cheese, grated
Milk

1. In large skillet, brown ground beef, drain. Stir in tomato sauce, seasoning mix, onion, and salt.
2. Separate dough into 2 large rectangles pressing over bottom of 13 x 9 inch greased baking dish.
3. Spoon meat mixture over dough, sprinkle cheese over meat. Place remaining rectangles over cheese, completely covering mixture. Brush with milk.
4. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. To serve, cut in squares.

Cream Cheese Danish
2 6 oz. cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 large egg, separate out yolks
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
powdered sugar

1. Unroll 1 can of rolls; press into a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.
2. Beat egg yolk and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; spread over crescent roll dough in pan.
3. Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls on a sheet of wax paper; press into a 13x9 inch rectangle. Place over cream cheese mixture.
4. Whisk egg white; brush over roll dough. Sprinkle with pecans.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, and cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.

I think I posted this once when we were talking about cooking with children. My grandson and I make mini cinnamon rolls by keeping the crescent rolls in rectangles, spreading softened butter over the surface, then sprinkling cinnamon sugar and rolling very loosely into a log - cutting the logs into slices and baking as directed on package. A little powdered sugar and milk or cream makes a good glaze. So simple for children to do.(except the baking part, I do that). These are really good with a cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom