What's For Dinner, Thurs. May 3, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ended up ordering a chix buffalo pizza at the local sub/pizza shop. Yum Yum. They make a good one.

I made chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, muchroom and cottage cheese that I coated in romano and baked. I also made lemon orzo. Quite the yummy meal and enough for dinner tomorrow.

We're having grilled pork chops and roasted veggies: broccoli, potatoes, and garlic. Butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

StirBlue said:
Could you please post a recipe for the leek & cereals casserole. I kinda think that I sorta don't know what it is. Anything with leeks is usually good. Thanks.

:) Actually, it's a variation on a recipe I usually make with zucchini. Was even better with leek!

For 4 small servings (bf eats it with meat, I eat it on its own so I usually have 1 1/2 serving)

1 1/2 cups pre-cooked cereals (I use a ready mix of quinoa, spelt, red rice and wild rice but feel free to experiment. Would be 1/2 cup of raw cereals. Rice or small pasta like orzo will also do great)
3 leeks
1 cup ricotta (or heavy cream)
3 TBSP freshly grated parmesan
2 TBSP bread crumbs
2 TBSP almond meal (or parmesan)
1 TBSP olive or canola oil
Salt and pepper

Discard the green parts of the leeks (keep them for a soup!), wash them and slice them finely.
In a pan, sauté leek in olive oil until soft. Add ricotta and stir well to mix. At this point you might want to add a dash of milk to make it more liquidy. Depends on the quality of your ricotta.
Add parmesan and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Lay cereals flats in the bottom of a baking pan and top with the leek/ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and almond meal (parmesan).
Bake at 450° until golden brown.

Last edited:
I ended up roasting the Pork Sirloins, and made a condiment of julienned sauteed Vidalia onions, some pork stock, and sauteed all of that in the cast iron skillet I cooked the roasts in. It was pretty good, but I was the only one eating it. I also served some fried potatoes, and glazed baby carrots.

Since I spent the better part of the day dealing with/helping the poor guy repairing our a/c system, I ended up making some ground turkey tacos with all the "fixings" for dinner. An oldie, but fast goodie - lol!!

BreezyCooking said:
Since I spent the better part of the day dealing with/helping the poor guy repairing our a/c system

I know this is off-topic, but that comment reminded me of the sign we used to have in the Auto repair shop I worked in as a teenager:

LABOR = $25.00 PER HOUR
............$35.00 IF YOU WATCH
............$45.00 IF YOU HELP

Back on topic, the chicken, although having been marinted for a full 24 hours, was extremely tasty. I sliced up one breast for Chinese chicken salad and that will make two dinner sized salads. I have one in my lunch, along with some steamed vegetables and brown rice with grated carrot. The third breast, the left over rice, and the leftover vegetables are all in the fridge. If I don't use them this week-end, they'll make a nice Monday lunch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom