your Friday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i haven't planned my today yet. just cooked lunch. my desk is getting a cleaning & then i'll probably hop a bus to where my school is & get food. then i've got an avon order to contend with, 2 felines to brush & dinner to cook. other than that, i'll have to figure what else to occupy myself with till then.
you?

Last edited:
Cleaning house and making dinner for our dinner guests.
Party night! Yipppeeee!!!

Yesterday was my normal cleaning/laundry day, but I had an appointment to get my hair cut and a couple of errands to run, so it was deferred to today.

Laundry's all done, cleaning too and I spent part of the morning making a couple of pairs of pillowcases. Yesterday, while I was out, I stopped at our Lions Club thrift store and bought 3 king-sized flat sheets. Several times a year the store gets a huge batch of linens from an area Hampton Inn. The sheets are in great shape and a lot of people use them to make curtains, etc.

The three sheets cost less than $2, which is a real bargain. I whipped up the pillowcases in about 30 minutes, so I'm a happy camper.

I'll make some simple syrup later to have at the ready for mint juleps as we watch the Kentucky Derby tomorrow afternoon.

Rain has stopped and the sun is coming out. Buck and I will definitely do some porch settin' tonight as we talk to him mom on the phone.

This might be the first time I've sat down all day.

We are in the process of painting the house. Yesterday it was the kids room and their black hole of a closet. It is soooo deep and is our only storage space in the house, so it was crammed full of stuff. All that stuff was on the bed and around the house so we could paint.

Today I put everything back in the closet. I sorted through everything. I got rid of about half the stuff that was in there. Some of it got thrown away and a bunch of stuff will go to goodwill. I bought some huge bins at Costco yesterday and filled the bins with organization and labeled everything. The closet looks so nice. A big bonus of when we move, we won't have to pack that awful closet! Just move the bins. It was kind of fun looking through the closet, photos, letters, cards and a lot of old memories from before the age of kids. :LOL:

Kids room is all clean!
*patting myself on the back*

dh took the kids into town so I could get it all done. When he gets home, he's going to paint the kitchen. I'm just having a few minutes of relaxation, food and dc before I go prepare the kitchen for him.

Ah well, enough rest.

can't find my feline comb. dagnabbit, snarleotte is gonna !@#$% till tomorrow. she loves being combed. she'll hold that comb & smooth her own fur. brat.
found that comb! spoiled kitties. love 'em dearly. now tig is grouching, gonna console him with a snack.

Last edited:
Katie E said:
Laundry's all done, cleaning too and I spent part of the morning making a couple of pairs of pillowcases. Yesterday, while I was out, I stopped at our Lions Club thrift store and bought 3 king-sized flat sheets. Several times a year the store gets a huge batch of linens from an area Hampton Inn. The sheets are in great shape and a lot of people use them to make curtains, etc.

The three sheets cost less than $2, which is a real bargain. I whipped up the pillowcases in about 30 minutes, so I'm a happy camper.

I feel so much better about my curtains. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom