Thank you, all United Kingdom members!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Many of you may or may not know, here in the great United
States of America, in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby.

We would like to thank all our UK members for loaning us your "Queen for a Day." She meets one of the most stringent qualifications...she wears a hat!! Every real lady who attends the Derby must wear a hat. So, good to have someone who can follow proper horse racing etiquette!

See you at the Derby!!!!

I have our silver julep cups polished and ready for the event. Always do.

I went to a Derby once way back in my twenties, with three other girls. We had such a fun weekend, sorry to say though we never saw a horse !:LOL::LOL:! Mint Julep in all !

We saw some news clips on TV and were humbled by her majesty's gracious presence. I am so glad that she is visiting. England has always shown us every courtesy when visiting there. These congenial visits are very important to the people of this country.

I think it's pretty exciting that the Queen is coming as well! I love the UK. My paternal grandparents are from England and we have visited family over there. I was lucky to see the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace three years ago on the Queen's birthday - I would love to see her at the Derby in all of her finery!

Well, you have to thank all the Commonwealth really!

She's someone we should be really prud f, always dignified and a reminder of what we should be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom