Katie's Lemonade recipe TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
It's that time of the year again. Nothing like an icy cold glass of lemonade to chase away the heat.

KATIE’S LEMONADE
(Serves 6)

1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, including pulp (remove seeds)
¾ cup granulated sugar
4 cups spring water
2 lemons

Slice one of the lemons very, very thin (seeds removed) and set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and ¾ cup of the water. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and you are left with a simple syrup. Remove from heat and stir in the thinly sliced lemon. Cover and refrigerate until fully chilled.

To serve, strain the chilled lemon syrup into a large pitcher, add the lemon juice, remaining water and the second lemon that has been cut into ¼-inch slices. Stir well and pour over ice.

This sounds so refreshing - thanks for posting !
Lol, my friend likes a little vodka in hers !!

Last edited:
Best Lemonade (Kathe's)

Your lemonade sounds delicious and would be even better mixed with White Vermouth. It's a perfect summer drink and a thirst quencher. Try it!

is this lemonade really light? i don't usually go for lemonade because it tends to always be heavy & phlegmy.

I'm not sure what you mean about heavy and phlegmy. I like it but, then, I'm obviously partial to it. You might get a better evaluation from legend_018. She's made it a couple of times and has had good things to say about it.

Hi Katie - that sounds nice :) It's summer here (45-50C) and I love lemon drinks so I might try it out soon when I get some lemons.

I loved it!!! Although I tried doubling it the 2nd time I made it. Something was wrong. Too sugary or something. Is this the type of recipe that can be doubled? Do you actually double "everything"?

Never had a problem doubling the recipe. You have to be sure you make a "real" simple syrup, plus lemons vary as to how tart they are. Lemons are the only variable I can think of. If it's too sweet, try using less of the simple syrup.

:)
baking fool said:
is this lemonade really light? i don't usually go for lemonade because it tends to always be heavy & phlegmy.
Happens to me to.Since I was A little girl it tastes great but makes me really phlegmy as well so I avoid it.I know it sounds gross but Im glad you brought it up now I know Im not the only one.Wonder why that happens?

:) Not to gross you guys out but phlegmy means it causes a back up in the back of my throat of mucous(sp?) its really a pain cause it wont swallow down for hours maybe its an allergic reaction but I have no problems with lemons in any other recipe.Baking Fool?Is that what happens to you?

Last edited:
yeah it's pretty much like that. lemonade is supposed to be refreshing & it isn't if it's thick & syrupy with a really strong flavour. (imho)

Thanks for a nice recipe. The change is more out of necessity than anything else...

¾ cup granulated sugar (or the equivalent in Stevia for those of us who have problems with sugar.) Life Just Got A Whole Lot Sweeter
4 cups spring water
2 lemons

It's that time of the year again. Nothing like an icy cold glass of lemonade to chase away the heat.

KATIE’S LEMONADE
(Serves 6)

¾ cup granulated sugar
4 cups spring water
2 lemons

Slice one of the lemons very, very thin (seeds removed) and set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and ¾ cup of the water. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and you are left with a simple syrup. Remove from heat and stir in the thinly sliced lemon. Cover and refrigerate until fully chilled.

To serve, strain the chilled lemon syrup into a large pitcher, add the lemon juice, remaining water and the second lemon that has been cut into ¼-inch slices. Stir well and pour over ice.

Back
Top Bottom