Kabob-it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robin101

Assistant Cook
Hi I'm new and have never been on a forum before. Saw this one and tought it was really informative.I am hoping someone can help me. When I was a chilld my mom had a gadget called a Kabob-it. It electric and had a glass dome and you cooked kabobs in it. It rotated. If someone can please tell me who made this and how would I find one. Thanks for the help.

Kabob it...

Robin101...the problem I see with a unit like this is the clean up. For around the $10 area you could buy a rack that goes on your bbq and allows you to spin the skewers. I find that these racks keep the food off the grill so there is no sticking and you get the added benefit of the bbq taste, with very little clean up! Pst 8)

I want to thank you so much. Iwent to e-bay but somehow missed it. My husband and I have been talking about this thing and it has been driving me nuts for days. Thanks again for your help :D

Kabob-it!!

Hi Robin, I just found one yesterday at a flea market. It is made by Wearever. I had one years ago, but it got lost in the shuffle when I moved to Indiana. I love it. And the way it comes apart, it is fairly easy to clean. I did go to the Wearever website and couldn't find it, so I think your best bet would be to look at garage sales. And it was made right around 1980. Hope this helps.

My George Jr. came with six scewers for kabobs. Haven't used them yet, and I still have yet to make kabobs anyway.

And Audeo, according to the infommercial, on the Ronco Rotisserie, Ron Popeil DOES say the the unit can do kabobs, and I think the scewers come with it as well.

Last edited:
i have it!

i know this is an old post but just thought i'd throw it out there...i have the wearever kabob it and would be happy to sell it! can email me at ortmand@yahoo.com if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom