ISO Microwave/Bamboo Steamers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pamedic

Assistant Cook
I am looking for microwave steamers especially a bamboo one I have done a couple google searches and I know they make them I have seen them before can anyone help?

Hi, Pamedic. Welcome to DC.

Chinese bamboo steamers will work in a microwave as well as a wok. There are also plastic steamers that will work in a microwave. Look here.

Where are you, and where are you looking? Cost Plus World Market has bamboo steamers, but I wouldn't shop on line, I'd go into one of their stores. The shipping cost is prohibitive, to say the least.

I've also seen them at World Market.

fantes.com is another Internet site that I've purchased cooking items from. Here's a link to their steamers: here.

They have quite a variety of cooking toys. Could be a dangerous place for a cookaholic.:LOL:

Bamboo steamers

Ok another question Someone else told me that I can use them in the microwave that the water can go in the bottom, i need something quick to steam chicken and fish and veggies cause I work 12 hours or more a day and need a quick healty meal when i get home , i have a electric mulitcooker / steamer but its a pain in the posterior:chef: .

Bamboo steamers are made to sit in a wok with a little water to make steam. You could put them in a microwave safe serving bowl or other appropriately shaped vessel with some water and pop them into the microwave with fish, chicken or veggies and steam them that way.

Back
Top Bottom