Depression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shpj4

Head Chef
I have not been around for a few days and that is because I am very very sad. I suffer from depression and have not had the energy to get out of bed.

My meds are not working right now and I called my doctor. He is on vacation but will call me back tomorrow.

The one thing I do everyday is feed Jolie - she is the love of my life. She lays beside me and knows that something is wrong.

I've had situational depression. It's no picnic. I hope you start feeling better soon. . . keep your head up! If all else fails, come to DC. You've got our support. :)

I agree with Cherryred, just come here and talk with positive people ! We are all here for you, with prayers, love and support ! Take care hon ! Big hug out to you !

Barb L.

Sorry to hear of your plight, Jill. I know how debilitating depression can be.

If you want to get a bit of a lift go here. It's absolutely lovely and you won't want to take your eyes away for a minute.

Hope you feel better soon. As others have said, we're all here for you.

I've been there too, my dear. I've suffered with depression off and on since I was 19 years old.

I know it's hard, but you have got to get out of bed and start taking walks. You'd be amazed how much better you'll feel after a little exercise.

Even thouigh you may not be interested in doing anything, start a project...either something new, or something you used to enjoy. I took up golf, and walked instead of taking a cart. I usually played alone, so I could take my time and enjoy the scenery. I also walked 3 miles every morning.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. You will make your way out of that black hole...I promise!

So sorry to hear of this, Jill.

I know a few people who suffer from depression. And it IS a serious illness.
One has manic depression (bipolar), and the other one has depression and skitzofrenia.

I truly hope that your doctor can do something for you. Just hold tight until you see him or her tomorrow. My prayers go out to you. Help should be on the way.

:) I also have depression found out by accident when I started taking Wellbutrin to slow down smoking I liked the way I felt it was better than before then I progressed to Paxil to help with anxiety as well ( I also sleep all night long now and go to sleep in an instant, I love it it was when I started Paxil I became quite creative I make jewelry,floor clothes and wood burned and painted decorative wood crosses(popular in New Mexico) and I actually travelled to Darian,Ill outside of Chicago to take the 12 day Master Course on cake decorating ( I wanted to do that for at least 10 years but could not get motivated)and Im into growing tomatoes and herbs.All these things would have never happened without this medication.
The doctor told me if you do not want to go off the mecication it is a sure sign you are depressed.OH yes by the way thats probably why I joined The Food Network and then came to DC I know I would have never tried it before.Dont get me wrong I never went down like a Manic Depressive but I just had no interrest in doing much exept working and cleaning house.

Thanks

Katie E said:
Jolie is Jill's toy poodle.
Thank you Katie E. I just knew it had to be a animal. They seem to be the best medicine money can't buy. Whenever I feel 'out of sorts' that is only thing that can bring a smile to my face. Seems no one else cares as much as an animal. If I ever get REAL depressed I know one thing I have to do is take care of my dogs.

Jolie is in your life for reason and that is to let you know to not give up. Trouble is, seems people are too wrapped up in themselves to notice that you don't feel well.

Take good care of yourself and take it from jpmcgrew there is another day. I am just so thankful you have Jolie.

I feel that way about my dog too. Something else that realllly helps is sitting in the sunshine, even if for a few minutes at a time. If you can't get out for a walk yet, just sit in the sun somewhere around the house or garden.

I have mild depression, living in a foreign country without any family or friends for the last year. I hope you feel better and come back to DC, we are all here for you.

I also suffer from mild depression. Some days I really have to kick myself in the rear to get anything done. Here's hoping tomorrow is a great day for everyone!

You've only to read all these caring replies to know that all your friends are thinking about you and many too have been or are, where you are now. Take heart and hang in there.
It's not having the dark thoughts, it's what you do with them that really counts.:)

Jill, please stay out of bed for awhile and be sure to eat something for breakfast, lunch and dinner...no matter how small an amount.

I bet Jolie would love to go for a walk every morning and afternoon. When we suffer from depression, even our pets suffer because they want to help and don't know what to do. You're definately right, she is feeling your pain.

Make yourself get up and get dressed. If you aren't doing it for you, do it for Jolie and your friends. It's always sounded like you have a lovely social circle. Call them and plan a lunch.

Jolie loves car rides so you could go visit your friends for a bit.

Don't forget to take your medication! :)

I'm sorry that you are going through difficult times. My thoughts are prayers hoping that you feel better real soon.

I sure hope you are feeling better today. When I was in a depression I would take long walks. It was hard at first but it kept getting better. Be sure to keep looking up at the beautiful sky and think of all your blessings. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yuk. Depression is the worst. I feel for you. I hope you get the right meds and program to get you well. It is hard for people to understand the illness and expect that it is within your control to get up and go. But help is out there. Sounds like lots of support in here. Keep at it.

Depressed

Believe me, people can make one feel depressed fast. My neighbors have such a insecure attitude that the mimmick everything I do just to antagonize me. Plus one lunatic runs around the house at night putting leaves and twigs all over and is this guy ugly. No Halloween mask for him. Sad to say this but everyone fearful of him because he looks like those people in the show called the Munsters? Anyway if they can't bring me down I do go for walk and there too I find people who like to like to bother me. Why are the ones who want to bother you never alone. If they were would be different. My brother says form of flatttery to get my attention. I don't think so.

Trying to keep myself up is not easy but having an animal around takes my mind off of weird people that I hve to coexist with. Sounds like you already know what to do with little Jolie. I am so happy you have her but you can't stay down long because she needs you to keep her feeling good too.

right now I am drinking glass of wine. A/C not working and I could care less if supper gets done. ONe of those moods. Good thing I don't let them happen often. Sure hope you can pick yourself up and go for walk w/Jolie. She deserves it.

:) The reason Im so open about my med is there are so many people walking around not functioning to their best.Dont get me wrong I still feel great sadness and cry over situational things like animal abuse and so forth which I think I still need to be in touch with.The other day I was depressed over the situation of the world and our country so it isn't like I dont feel the bad things that go on.The med just makes me be able to live a more productive normal life.

Back
Top Bottom