What are your Least Favorite Foods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougiezerts

Assistant Cook
Least Favorite Foods

What are your least favorite foods--foods that make you nausious just thinking about? Here's some of mine:
Pepper--The vegetable, not the spice. I will avoid anything with it in it. Doesn't matter if it's green, red, or yellow.
Peas--Although I do like the dried wasabi peas that are now popular.
Nuts--Especially peanuts. I do like Chinese food cooked in peanut oil.
Pork and ham--I don't HATE them, but they aren't my favorite meats.
Liver--Is it possible to cook it so it doesn't have that unpleasant aftertaste?

brussle sprouts when they are steamed. I like em when they are baked (just some evoo, S&P and pop em in the oven...o ya) but they absolutly repulse me when they are cooked any other way!

also beats - yet once again i like em if they are baked same method of as the BS.

in general I'm not to crazy about Chinese food.

That was harder then I thought it would be! I guess I'm not exactly a picky eater:LOL:

If I don't like a food it's usually about consistency rather than taste. The one exception is cilantro - for some reason I really am not a fan.

rutabaga, cilantro, tofu, pepperoni sausage, cottage cheese, chittlins, halvah, lutefisk, raisins, brains, bugs

Not too many things I won't eat, but ooooooooooh boy! don't give me those things I can't stand! :ermm:

any organ meats (liver, brains, kidneys, etc. etc. etc.), also cauliflower, horsemeat(it's a fav in Kazakhstan), caribou (another fav in Alaska)brussle sprouts, and lima bean. I guess that's enough for one post. :)

What comes to mind at the moment is:

Beets
Cauliflower
Liver (from 4 legged animals)
Parsnips
Turnips

Wow I thought I was the only one who didn't like cilantro. Everyone I tell about it thinks I'm nuts! But it's nice to see I'm not alone. :)

Normal MUSTARD. Makes me gag. Like the garbage you would get on a hamburger if ate at a fast food place. will gag on it.

PICKLES - again, will gag on them. If they have been anywhere near my food i won't be able to eat it.

ICEBERG LETTUCE - disgusting worthless food product. Can take it off of my food and still eat it, but it also makes me gag.

I really like most things cooked properly. Organs and gaggy seafood like eel and octopus are fine with me. Got no problem with the root veggies etc. However, if you boil it till it's spreadable, toss it. I don't like mush-- not in veggies or in fruits. However, I do in legumes and grains so polenta or pea soup are fine by me. I don't have a big sweet tooth, so most deserts are wasted on me and I now avoid them. A little goes a long way and I don't need the calories. (But a fine piece of artisinal dark chocolate is worth it to me!!)

I don't like.

1. beets
2. mushy asparagus
3. cooked cabbage
4. not really into canned veggies and veggies that are cooked in the microwave sometimes. Example: Canned green beans "yuck", but fresh green beans "yum".
5. unless it's mixed with something like in a recipe, not big on cottage cheese

I know there is probably more, but can't think of them right now.

When I was younger, just like a lot of us I'm guessing, I was pretty picky. Wouldn't eat chinese or seafood and many many other things. It's funny how we outgrow this and start liking more and more foods.

Skin of chicken, duck or any other poultry. I don't like it crispy or any other way. (KFC buckets is my top pick in unfavorites)
Organ meat - Comes from being fed liver, kidneys and brain as a child but we were never given a choice, had to eat what was on the table.
Turnips
Most canned products (except tomatoes and creamed corn)
Lamb which is for the most part very gamey and strong for my taste (I prefer goat to lamb)
And as others indicated any overcooked veggies. There is not much nutrition left after it's been cooked to a mush

On the other end I have never met an herb that I did not like and the same applies to nuts.

Lima beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, white beans, red beans, black-eyed peas, cauliflower, okra, ham, fried eggs, squash, cottage cheese, yogurt, dark brown mustard, dijon mustard, steak sauce (why ruin a good steak by putting steak sauce on it? I never understood that concept!), black olives, there's probably more but this is all I could think of right now.

Back
Top Bottom