What's For Dinner Friday May 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds delicious!

Here it will be pan-seared salmom fillet with cucumber yogurt sauce, vegetable rice pilaf with asparagus and carrots mixed in. No dessert, hubby and I are diet buddies for the next few months, so just some Chai tea after dinner.

wow everyones dinner sounds good. I'll be there at 5pm. "lol".

I feel this might sound like an odd combination "lol". Supper tonight will be a small batch of "ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES". Kudos to CJS from this site.

Plus ranchy chicken and a veggie? My DH doesn't like cooked peppers.

I got chicken marinating in a ranchy rosemary marinade. I also got the entire Roast Sausage Dish in the oven already. I'm just going to reheat it in the microwave later on. I'd rather get that over and done with and have some time right now.

Update: I changed my mind. I'm not making a veggie. I think it will just be a smorgish type of meal on the table. I think I'll do my special mushroom appetizer marinade that I got from my brother. So the sausage platter, ranchy chicken strips, and mushrooms "lol".

Last edited:
marinade`s sorted; sage, garlic, tobasco, soy sauce and liquid smoke.

very similar to the one I use for BBQing, `cept I`m not, so I added the liquid smoke.

A teeny weeny 12lb chicken. Roasted with stuffing inside. Red potatoes tossed with some oil, salt, worcestershire and garlic and oven roasted. I'm thinking asparagus as the veggie if I have time to shop. Otherwise its either broccoli, yellow beans or corn. (I hate serving an entirely colourless meal so likely broccoli). Salad will be romaine, green onions topped with toasted almonds and a red wine vinaigrette.

Last night I decided to finish off the prebattered pollack I had in the freezer, along with french fried potatoes, and some steamed whole green beans. I made enough for lunch leftovers today, so that is what I am having. Considering I am having such a large lunch, even though it is Friday, I think I'll skip the take-away tonight and just make myself a nice big green salad with shredded cheese and croutons. We have cat adoptions tomorrow from 12 to 4, so I'll be eating junk food for lunch anyway.

Barb L. said:
Alex, where did you get such a teeny chicken ? I could use one of those babies at Christmas! lol Nice dinner plans !

LOL, we get farm chickens twice a year. They are behemoths! The smallest chickens in this batch were 8.5lbs.

Caine said:
Last night I decided to finish off the prebattered pollack I had in the freezer, along with french fried potatoes, and some steamed whole green beans. I made enough for lunch leftovers today, so that is what I am having. Considering I am having such a large lunch, even though it is Friday, I think I'll skip the take-away tonight and just make myself a nice big green salad with shredded cheese and croutons. We have cat adoptions tomorrow from 12 to 4, so I'll be eating junk food for lunch anyway.

mom's been asking for a cat/kitten as she is alone and lonely for something that breathes. where is the adoption? I'm thinking I'm close...:huh: plus do you know the fee or/and if they're fixed or would I have to do that for her?

oh, I forgot about dinner. the man's been asking for tamales/beans/rice and I have all in the freezer. don't tell him that though, I love him asking how long it took to prepare...>>>...it was dinner here and dinner there that got put into the freezer for later use....

Last edited:
It's way too hot to think about cooking today and being it's almost Mother's Day I'm taking it easy tonight. I'm going to make some egg salad and everyone can decide on whether they want crackers or bread.

I'm making country fried steak with pan gravy, mashed potatoes, buttermilk biscuits, mustard greens cooked with a ham-hock, onions and bacon. If the DH comes home tonight, I will also fix some buttered carrots as he is not supposed to have too many green veggies.

I brought home some preformed ground beef patties from the meat market. They were big and about a medium cut of beef so I thought they would probably cook to half the size. I seasoned with S&P and Garlic Powder and pan fried them yesterday. They did not cook away and there was very little grease drippings ??? I served each on a bun with cheese, ketchup and mustard. They were too big for any other toppings (or we would have been using knives & forks to get them into our mouths! LOL). Served with some onion rings and a green salad to make up the toppings.

WITH THAT SAID: We will be eating lite so dinner will be pizza and chocolate pudding. This is a rush rush evening.

We're having leftovers again. Spicy beef and vegetable soup. I made a big pot of it serval days ago.

LEFSElover said:
mom's been asking for a cat/kitten as she is alone and lonely for something that breathes. where is the adoption? I'm thinking I'm close...:huh: plus do you know the fee or/and if they're fixed or would I have to do that for her?

Tomorrow's adoptions will be at the Camarillo PetCo at the 101 and Las Posas Road, in the Target shopping center. We're right inside the door to the right, and you can't miss me because I am usually the only man in the group, and my face has $MARTA$$ written all over it!. I can't count the number of people who have come in, looked at our t-shirts that specifically say CATS CRADLE RESCUE on both the front and back, and ask "do you have any dogs?" I will reply "Uh, no, we only do cats. That's where we get the catchy name from!"

Please bring your mother with you, as we have a tendency to reject third party applications. We need to know that the adoptee and new parent are compatible, and that the the parent really wants not only a cat, but that particular cat.

When you fill out the application, please remember the following:

1. All our cats and kittens are INDOOR ONLY, and we think that declawing is inhumane, which it is.

2. If you're mother is going on vacation, you or another relative will take over the care and feeding of the cat until she returns, and if the time comes when she can no longer care for the cat, you or another relative will be willing to accept responsibility or you will call Cats Cradle to return the cat.

3. you plan on providing a scratching post or pad, and if the cat has behavioral problems, such as shredding your brand new leather couch or climbing the living room drapes, you will train the cat not to damage your possesions by using a squirt bottle of water or something that makes a loud noise (NOT a firearm!) to discourge the undisciplined behavior.

None of our kittens are ready for adoption yet because they are barely six weeks old and they need to be at least 8 weeks old and weigh 2 pounds before they can be altered, but we do have plenty of "teenage kittens" and cats from 1 to 3 years old. Any cat you adopt has been examined by a veternarian (that's an animal doctor, not someone who abstains from eating meat!), they have all been spayed or neutered, had their vaccinations (except rabies), have been dewormed, flea treated, and tested for leukemia. They come with a collar and tag identifying us as the adoption agency in case the pet accidently gets loose, and they are also microchipped for the same reason.

Well, if none of that has scared you off, I will look forward to seeing you, and yo mama, tomorrow.

Tonight was my first time eating British grown asparagus! OH WOW, soooo yummy! I had that steamed lightly with quinoa, tofu and cherry tomatoes with fresh torn basil on top!!

Back
Top Bottom