2 cent stamps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
I am always, always having to wait in line whenever anything is in demand. I drove from one post office to the other trying to find one w/o lot of people. When I finally gave up and went in, I was #78 and they were on #52. Well, waiting only short while an one man walked up to counter w/more than 150 envelopes that had to be hand stamped. The post office worker said this will take about 45 minutes. He said no problem I have the time. Everyone around me moaned and the guy acted like he wasn't worried.

Have you all gotten your stamps yet? They won't sell rolls only sheets. This always happens when I have to pay bills that I don't want to get penalized for. Oh well, I just can't believe how many people were in the office at 8:30 in the morning!

Oh, boy! I can imagine your frustration, ITK. Stories like yours make me appreciate living in a small town. No waiting here at all. Walked right in. No lines. Nuthin'. Service as usual. I wish I could send it to you.

I inherited a folder from my Mom when she died. It contains a multiplicity of USPS stamp denominations. Whenever there is a rate increase I usually have enough variety to tally up to the new postage rate until the crowds have dwindled and I can get some of the newer value stamp.

My only fear is that with my luck I am going to lick some rare stamp that is part of the collection in the folder and mail it off to never never land on a bill. :wacko:

I needed this

Mirandgl said:
I inherited a folder from my Mom when she died. It contains a multiplicity of USPS stamp denominations. Whenever there is a rate increase I usually have enough variety to tally up to the new postage rate until the crowds have dwindled and I can get some of the newer value stamp.

My only fear is that with my luck I am going to lick some rare stamp that is part of the collection in the folder and mail it off to never never land on a bill. :wacko:

Well, you made my day! I really had to think about this one and I am thankful you shared this. You all surely seem to understand why I wrote about this. Just like you all were right there with me. I feel better now. My day is over and I know next time I will probably have the same dilemma. Or you think I would learn? What else can you do but get the stamps anyway you can. On line, never thought of that one. Small town? I can only dream. Thanks for all your messages. They indeed helped.

ITK, do you have a debit card for your checking account? Just pay your bills online. We pay all but one of ours online, and that's only because the City of Tulsa is really behind the times, and doesn't have an online bill pay webpage.

Another option, if you have online checking from your bank, is to get registered with online bill pay from your bank. Most banks I know of will let you pay 10 bills through their website.

You might even be able to call and pay the bill over the phone, with either your debit card, or straight out of your checking account.

I had a very similar experience today at the post office. There are two service spots at my post office. A lady hogged one spot at the counter the whole time I was there - for 35 minutes and I was 17th in line when I arrived. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I just feel fortunate that I saw the price increase on the local news because I was thinking about mailing over the weekend and the increase went through at the close of business on Friday.

I thought about getting some .02 cent stamps but then I thought why not just put two regular stamps on the envelopes and use up those stamps. It's really not that much money to deal with. Well for me at least. I was on the end of my stamps and just had a few left.

I just feel fortunate that I didn't get a letter back six weeks from now for insufficient postage. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom