ISO Ground Beef Suggestions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I have a pound of ground beef that I need to cook up tonight. Any suggestions?

Normally we have 'sketti, tacos, meatloaf and maid rites with it. I'm needing something new and different.

Help?

My kids just love when I take ground beef, add finely chopped onion, parsely,garlic,worcestershire, parmeasan cheese, salt, pepper, bread crumbs,and egg and then make dime sized meat balls, cook in oven or pan fry..Make spanish rice and the cooked meatballs..It makes a ton of meatballs and everyone is happy..I just add salad and warm bread and a veggie..dinners ready.
kadesma

Angie, do a search on meatballs. You will get a jillion hits. Sorry I can't stay to post a link, I must dash!

Since you have only a pound, I would make Pastitsio. Saute the ground beef with onion, drain the fat. Season the ground beef with cinnamon & a tsp or 2 of tomato paste. Meanwhile make a batch of penne or macaroni. In another pan, make a bechamel or white sauce. Drain the pasta. Layer in a baking dish, the cooked pasta, & ground beef mixture. Keep layering & sprinkle the top with nutmeg. Cover with foil and bake at about 350 for about 45 minutes, till everything is heated through. I posted a recipe on this site.

Greek meatballs

Angie said:
I have a pound of ground beef that I need to cook up tonight. Any suggestions?

Normally we have 'sketti, tacos, meatloaf and maid rites with it. I'm needing something new and different.

Help?
Hi. Greek meatballs have a unique flavor, with mint and oregano, and a wonderful, easy tomato sauce with cinnamon. This sounds close to the recipe I have at home: allfood.com: Recipes I make them about the size of a golf ball and bake them in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes rather than cooking them in a skillet; then I put them in the tomato sauce. It's great with orzo or other small pasta and a Greek salad.

Last edited:
Brown it, drain it, mix in two or three tablespoons of spaghetti sauce. Then you can either serve it on hamburger buns to make Sloppy Giuseppes, or mix in 1/2 pound of cooked elbow macaroni and more of the sauce for home made beefaroni! Serve with your favorite green salad.

kadesma said:
My kids just love when I take ground beef, add finely chopped onion, parsely,garlic,worcestershire, parmeasan cheese, salt, pepper, bread crumbs,and egg and then make dime sized meat balls, cook in oven or pan fry..Make spanish rice and the cooked meatballs..It makes a ton of meatballs and everyone is happy..I just add salad and warm bread and a veggie..dinners ready.
kadesma

I add milk to pretty much this same recipe and make meatballs.

I LOVE Spanish rice too.

Saute or caramelize some green peppers and onions. Cook your hamburger. Add this mixture to some cooked rice and mix in a can or two of Ro-Tel.

OR: Saute onions, garlic,cook hamburger, add some cooked macaroni, or rigatoni, some tomato sauce, and of course salt and pepper. Heat through and EAT!

OR: Cook hamburger, add 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 8 oz. of sour cream, garlic powder, heat. Put in a casserole dish and top with canned Hungry Jack biscuits. Cook on biscuit temperature (420 or 425 maybe?). Turn biscuits over after 10 minutes then cook the remaining 10 minutes.

Miss Angie...

Season with anything and everything you like! Divide into two equal patty portions. Make them somewhat thick. Wrap a piece of bacon around the outside and secure with a tooth pick or two or three...Cook on the grill!
You can call it a "Mississippi Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon":LOL:

Enjoy!

Angie,
It's past your dinner time now but my DH liked ground beef browned and a can of cream of Mushroom or celery soup diluted a little with milk and then served over toast. He always wanted a fried egg on top.

Make "mock" beef stroganoff.

Brown the beef with some chopped onion and minced garlic. Drain. Add 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) and a 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted) and 1 can of mushroom stems and pieces (drained). Stir well until heated through. Add 1 cup of sour cream and serve over noodles.

My family devoured this and Buck and I have it regularly.

Thanks everyone. Hubby wanted "plain" meat (just salt and pepper). Either way, I have some new ideas to try!

Back
Top Bottom