Question of the Day - May 16th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SurvivorGirl

Sous Chef
gulp...sorry for the lateness:wacko:

As a kid, what was your favourite book/series?

My favourite series was most definetly "The Sweet Valley Kids". I read every single book in that series!
Me and my sister used to share a room that had bunk-beds. she used to make up stories and adventures that the main charecters of the books would get into. she would say them out loud when we went to bed.:) (guess what? she is now going into University and wants to become a writer!!:ohmy::))

yours?

My favorite book was Mrs. Mike by Benedict and Nancy Freedman. Set in the Canadian wilds, it's about a Mountie and his lady and their life. Buck gave me a copy of it for Christmas a couple of years ago. I treasure it and read it often.

Since I'm a bit of an oldie, I loooooved the Nancy Drew series of books. Practically ate them.

I am sorry to say that as a child I never read any books except the ones that the school made us read. It wasn't until later in my life that I learned to love reading.

mudbug, i *devoured* those l.i.wilder books m'self as a kiddo.

my super fave book when i was really little was an illustrated book of "fabulous beasts"...full of stories from many cultures, arranged into types of animals. there was a chapter on dragons, a chapter on various horses (pegasus, unicorns, etc), and so on. i still have that ratty-covered treasure in my library!

I absolutely loved the Rick Brant books by John Blaine. The story lines were simple and exciting (good VS evil) and laced with all kinds of neat science stuff.

Anyone else out there remember them?

oh, yep, TX forgot all about that...i'm quite sure i was too young for "flowers in the attic" when i got ahold of that series in jr.high...

Back
Top Bottom