Molten Chocolate Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I'm not into baking or making deserts often. I have a couple recipes in my folder for some occasions. I prefer cooking. I'm thinking of making these though. They look so easy too. Molten Chocolate Cakes.

Molten Chocolate Cakes

I'll let you know how it turns out.

I made them. Super Easy. I'm a little disappointed though. First batch I did 12 minutes and the 2nd batch I did 10 minutes. I guess next time I'll try 8 minutes, but I have no batter left and won't be making them again now.

It's suppose to cook so the outside is like a cake and inside is like a pudding. The whole thing came out like a cake. There still good. I used left over batter for a little frosting. Nothing to write home about in my opinion. I'd like to make them again to get the gooey middle though. some day. Not bad for company or a party.

hmmm.......i think it might work if you make the outercake, then open the top to put the pudding in the middle. i dunno if it will work for sure, but it could be a good way. i'll have to try it and get back to you

oh booga, I didn't even read the bottom of the link. It says if your using muffin tins. I used miniature muffin tins

Bake at 425ºF for 7 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft.

There are two methods of making lava cakes. One method is the crisp outside/soft inside recipe that you posted. The other method, which is the one I prefer, you create big lava pellets and bake them inside the cakes. The pellet melts as the cake bakes and ooze out when the cake is cut.

TeenChef said:
ok, thanks, i'll try it out this week end when i'm bored

And if you're not bored all week-end, does that mean we don't get dessert?

THAT'S NOT FAIR!
y_tantrum.gif

Back
Top Bottom