Home Dog Food Preparation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Run_Out

Senior Cook
Hey Guys

A couple weeks ago I posted regarding preparing home made dog food because of the pet food recall.

I made a visit to the vet and she told me to make sure to add a multivitamin to the food serving. I went to the web site Pet-Grub.com for help.

My wonderful old schnauzer has really taken to the home made food. She will eat her dinner and not try to beg any food at all, she seems very happy with raw carrots, fresh green beans, fresh corn and any meat type beef, chicken , lamb.

A couple of things, it is a good idea to use a food processor for the veggies, the research I did said if the veggies were not really small they would pass in the stool.

I shop for very cheap cuts of meat, boneless short ribs, stew meat, chicken, stuff like that. The upside is my old schnauzer doesn't care of the meat in tender or not and she has really slowed in her eating. She doesn't gobble her food in fact she walks around her bowl very lady like.

The down side is I have to take time to prepare the veggies, and grill the meat, the research said it would be better to feed raw meat but my wife isn't there yet. It cost a little more money than dog food but my sweet old schnauzer is more than worth any expense and I don't have anything but time.

Just a FYI for you guys.
later

Back
Top Bottom