Plans for Monday - Memorial Day - Cooking ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Son just called to ask if I was cooking Monday ! lol, said I could ! So we are having BBQ'd Ribs, beer can chicken, spaghetti salad, baked beans,and sweet corn. Cake and ice cream, and strawberry pie for dessert .

lol, change of menu !

Last edited:
Miss Barb

I was gonna Q some ribs, but I went through 50+ St Louis slabs this morning and bought only 1.... I will look a couple of more times, and if I strike out and can't get happy just plan on me showing up at your house. I'll bring the fixins for ice-cream and we will crank out a gallon. Or rather we'll sit in the shade and let the youngins crank on the freezer.:LOL:

Uncle Bob said:
Miss Barb

I was gonna Q some ribs, but I went through 50+ St Louis slabs this morning and bought only 1.... I will look a couple of more times, and if I strike out and can't get happy just plan on me showing up at your house. I'll bring the fixins for ice-cream and we will crank out a gallon. Or rather we'll sit in the shade and let the youngins crank on the freezer.:LOL:

UB- your on ! Bring a strong arm with you ! Yum :LOL:

I'll probably have to work, unfortunately. Such is the life of a country club employee, as they're open on major Monday holidays like that (normally, CC's are closed on Monday's).

What's worse, is there's a banker on the board of directors. We're open on ALL Monday holidays, basically, any day the banks are closed, the club is open, so he can play golf.

Haven't decided since it is the usual day for Buck's Lions Club dinner meeting and I hadn't planned a menu because of that. The meeting has been rescheduled for another time, which means I will have to come up with something.

We've been discussing it and will probably grill some chicken quarters outside and throw together some sides.

Since it's just the two of us, it's pretty easy to be flexible.

going to my moms to cook dinner ...
she is going out to buy a grill tonight ..
sounds like a good time ..

Working the weekend as usual, but should be home Sunday night.
More than likely will go to lil sis #1's house on Monday and cook on the grill with her BF. Great opportunity to thin out the freezer a bit. I have a large sirloin roast that's just way too big for my daughter and me, so maybe I'll marinate it Sun night and cook it on Sis's grill on Monday.
Above all, remember those who gave thier all.

Think we will be going to the Memorial Day parade, then spend time in my garden, and probably grill something for dinner, not quite sure yet. Barb L, what is spaghetti salad, or was there suppose to be a comma there meaning spaghetti, salad?

:) Wont do anything until the tuesday or wednesday after when our friends come down from Colorado for a couple of days.They will bring some lobster tails which I will grill and serve with angel hair pasta and a chili garlic vinaigrette and salad and some nice bread.The next night it will be pork loin ribs etc and salad.Breakfast everybody is on their own bagels,cream cheese,cereal,yogurt and fruit.Lunch the same deal they are on their own,deli cold cuts,cheese,good bread,hard rolls with all the sides and tortilla chips with salsa and roasted red pepper hummus,I also might make a nice light soup as well.
I learned awhile back not to kill myself with breakfast and lunch when I have company,I just show them the fridge and they have what they want when they want, dinner is all I worry about and I prep as much as possible ahead of time.
As far as sweets go I will have a Grand Marnier Bundt cake,a fruit tart and ice cream in fridge which I always have on hand.Thats another thing they hafto get on their own if they want it

:) KatieE I probably need to PM you on this .I will send you 2 recipes both are really good and even better after they set a couple of days.

Well I can't answer for momorial day, but i take it that's like the american version of victoria day (more or less)?
so i'll talk about what we did for that.
.........hmmmmm.....:rolleyes::ermm:
not to darn much, i must admit!:LOL:
we had fire works the day before, that's about it.;) I don't recall what we had for dinner though.

Were having all my kids and grandkids plus 4 other couples..This should be fun:LOL:
Munchies: California rolls and dipping sauce, avocado dip and sliced french bread, an Italian meat and cheese tray, veggie tray and dip...olives, pickles,peppers, sweet long green chilies sliced the long way dipped in tempura batter put on tray and covered with pepper jack cheese then baked..
Ribs, my fried chicken,grilled brats, potatoe and spaghetti salad, fruit salad, grilled corn on the cob, pot of my dads beans..garlic/parmesan bread. Desserts Katie E's devils food cake and ice cream ( homemade vanilla bean) coconut cream pie, and a strawberry mascarpone tart..Beer,wine,ice tea,soda,water,coffee,lemonade..If that isn't enough I have maps made to the nearest Micky D's:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Since you asked SurvivorGirl....

Memorial Day is a day of rememberence for those that have passed while serving in the military, and also a day to remember and appreciate those that still serve/or have served in the military. Typically those that served in WW1, WW2, Korean war, Vietnam, and those currently serving in the military and current war. So, if Victoria Day is one in which you honor your military, then yes I guess it's basically the same holiday, just celebrated on a different day. In my town we don't have fireworks, but we do have a parade, and lots of military planes flying overhead, and vets from all the wars they served. Some are so elderly that they cannot walk in the parade so they are provided with a bus through the parade and they wave to the crowd.

We're going to Folklife a big music festival party... we'll eat there. Junk food! Yummmers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom