Too hot today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Ok I'm whining, sorry. I just cannot tolerate 90 degree heat this early in the year. I can go outside for maybe 5 minutes at a time to plant my vegetable seedlings and then have to go back inside to cool down. My poor dog (black lab) is miserable in this heat. Better ask my hubby to bring our air conditioner down from the attic and get it going when he gets home. Anyone else having a tough time with the heat?

I have never liked the heat - Our air has been on for two days and its only 77 right now. 90 would make me stay in and never go out - lol !!
Humidity keeps me in too ! Whew !

mudbug said:
Gotta be global warming if amber's hot up in Maine already!

LOL, I was just thinking the same thing!! We have only got there once so far. We are staying in the 70's and 80's right now. You could come down here, Amber:LOL:

Same here Barb L the humidity keeps me indoors. Had to close all my windows and blinds to keep the heat and humidity out today. Oh and my hubby fell asleep soon after dinner because he's been working so hard lately, so I didnt dare wake him to ask about the AC, so I have a fan on in here and waiting for the sun to set lol.

jp, my ideal temp is around 75 degrees and dry!

mudbug, it is pretty odd that we have temps this high and this early in the year. We set a record today. Last record was I think 88 degrees in the 1930's so they said on the weather report tonight.

Half baked and texasgirl, brrrr 70's and 80's, you guys must be cold down there lol

JoAnn, I rather enjoy that temperature range too, but I needed some warmth after all the rain last week, but man this 90 degrees is just too much for me, plus the humidity.

Luckily it should be 80 tomorrow, wow it's cooling down tomorrow lol, and then back to the normal of 60-70 for this time of year.

:) JoAnnL.No sweat glands do you have irish in you?DH is Irish he hardly ever sweats Ive noticed that alot of people of Irish decent have no sweat glands as for me I sweat real easy thats why I like it cooler plus it just feels better hot weather drains my energy.

Gosh this is confusing me:ohmy: What is 70 in celcius?? how do you do the calculations? it's something like add 30---or minus 30- or something:ermm:
anyway, in canadian talk it's 29 or 30*C and humid eh!;) gosh I want to go swimming at the cottage:(

Yep, it was 90 and about 75% humidity here today, too. Ugh!:wacko: It seems every year I have more and more trouble adjusting to the heat, especially the humidity. I finally convinced DH to turn the AC on. He claimed staying cool was all a frame of mind!:mad: :rolleyes:

Looks like we're in for some more of the same here the next couple days. And to make matters worse there's only a slight chance of thunder showers. It's too early in the year for this!

:) PABaker I have always said being warm is a state of mind it is so much easier to get warm when cold just throw on a sweater and so forth getting cool is alot harder.It also depends on the person as DH says you are either warm or cool natured meaning Im warm natured and dont take to heat very well if you are cold natured you get cold easily by the way it has nothing to do with how much fat you have you are one or the other.Period!

Last edited:
I don't like temps above 70, and it was 85 here today. The humidity wasn't too bad, though. Before long, we'll be having "air you wear".

I have terrible asthsma type allergies, much aggravated by all that time I spent in the greenhouse with 20,000 blooming petunias, etc, and lots of chemicals.
We also have 2 acres loaded with perennials, bulbs and blooming trees, surrounded on two sides with open fields and woodlands, so I either have the heat or the AC on all the time. The only time the windows are opened is on a sunny winter's day, when the skylights and greenhouse really heat up the house, and there's no pollen in the air.

jpmcgrew said:
:) JoAnnL.No sweat glands do you have irish in you?DH is Irish he hardly ever sweats Ive noticed that alot of people of Irish decent have no sweat glands as for me I sweat real easy thats why I like it cooler plus it just feels better hot weather drains my energy.

No Irish, my family are from Luxembourg, Germany and France. My dad also had this problem. I know it sounds awful but I would love to have a good sweat just once in my life.:-p None of my children inherited this problem but it looks like one of my grandsons did.:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom