Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Question of the Day - May 26th (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/question-of-the-day-may-26th-35348.html)

SurvivorGirl 05-26-2007 01:35 PM

Question of the Day - May 26th

How did you choose your display name??

is it your real name or was it a spur of the moment type thing?

personally, i'v used Survivorgirl in other forums, actually one of the first time i used it was in a survivor forum and then from then, it's just sorta stuck.
you?

Katie H 05-26-2007 01:39 PM

I'm creative by nature, but not so with my display name. It's simply my name. Well, my nickname. My name is Caitlin.

mish 05-26-2007 01:49 PM

Survivor Girl, way back there was a thread re what does your screen name mean or how did you choose your name. You can find it in a search here. Curious, you don't have to answer if you don't want to - when your birthday came up (sorry if I miised it), next to your name said 15. Wondering are you 15 years old? You seem much more knowledgable re cooking for someone your age. Does Survivor girl have something to do with your age? Is your avatar (there's another thread about that) a pic of you? Just curious.:wink:

Buck 05-26-2007 01:59 PM

Seven years ago Katie inspired me to start writing a newspaper column as she was doing. Hers was called "Everyday Pleasures." I wanted to write stuff that guys could relate to, so I called it "Guy Stuff." I needed a pen name that would connote a real guy image.

Somehow the name "Buck" did that for me. It's been that way ever since.

We've been syndicated for years and love it.

SurvivorGirl 05-26-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mish
Survivor Girl, way back there was a thread re what does your screen name mean or how did you choose your name. You can find it in a search here. Curious, you don't have to answer if you don't wan to - when your birthday came up (sorry if I miised it), next to your name said 15. Wondering are you 15 years old? You seem much more knowledgable re cooking for someone your age. Does Survivor girl have something to do with your age? Again, you don't have to answer. Is your avatar (there's another thread about that) a pic of you? Just curious.:wink:

no prob, Yup i'm 15 and i love to cook!!:smile:
survivorgirl is just a name that i use because i'm in love with the show survivor.
The avatar is one that i found on a website that i'm a member of (devient art). I just liked it so i put it up.:wink:

Barb L. 05-26-2007 04:35 PM

Tis my name !

TATTRAT 05-26-2007 06:06 PM

Tatt=I have a multitude of tattoos(but you would never tell if I had my whites or a suite on)

Ratt= it just rhymes.

stinemates 05-26-2007 09:36 PM

stinemates = my last name

my normal name is keeb. it comes from my height.. i am 5'5! :D (short like a keebler elf)

I chose stinemates because sometimes my wife posts under my name :)

Katie H 05-26-2007 09:58 PM

But, I'll bet you are full of elfin goodness, yes?:smile: If your wife doesn't answer in the affirmative, she's got some 'splanin' to do.:lol:

Love your explantion.

Uncle Bob 05-26-2007 10:13 PM

I am Bob...and several nieces and nephews Uncle...thus "Uncle Bob"