AP: Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol. it was an enclosed space. It's not like he was out hunting in the wild or something. I'm sure that little fat kid is proud he slaughtered a helpless animal for fun. I bet he'll have fun telling all of his friends about it?

Want to hunt animals for fun? Use a bow and arrow or knife. Don't put some animal in an enclosed space and then shoot it with a high powered weapon from a distance.

"It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Yeah. What a HUGE accomplishment! You slaughtered a helpless animal. I'm sure this will be the pinnacle of your achievments and offer you plenty of opportunity to reminisce while you pump gas at texaco.

According to them it's a load of sausage. :LOL: That will keep their freezer going for some time. And probably some friends' freezers too.

I bet the neighbors are glad to have it out of their back yards.

Wow, what a big pig! I wonder if there are any legends about that critter.

I haven't seen the original movie but it must be pretty scary. :ohmy:

Last edited:
wow, that kid chased that wild boar for 3 hours before finally bringing it down, what a story!

I live near a gaming preserve and wild boars do at times escape and end up in my neighborhood. But they do not last long,;) mighty good eating:).

farnkly i think that it's disgusting and he should be ashamed of himself. his father should also be ashamed of himself for allowing this.
I would never and never will congradulate him on his "acclomplishment" and he should not get any awards or whatever.
he should be thrown in jail for killing such a rare animal.

(sorry for ranting, I just don't agree with it at all!!)

:) A canned hunt for sure they get these animals including Elk etc feed them a diet to make them huge and then get big bucks for an easy kill.I and DH believe if your are a real hunter the animal should have a fair chance.DH is a major hunter and hunting guide but does not believe in a easy hunt all real hunters want to work for their animals.Its all about the experience whether you get an animal or not, its not about setting up creatures for an easy target alot of them are so used to seeing people since they are raised by people and dont fear people they are sitting ducks.I say shame on any one who will kill an animal in an enclosed area it's like shooting pigs in a really big pen.
Shame,Shame,Shame on them.
By the way the kid shot it 8 times with a 50 caliper pistol and then chased it 3 hours running for its life.DH said if he is such a great hunter the kid would have shot it once or twice and it should have dropped dead not 8 shots and just wounding.That is not hunting if you dont have the skills to hunt dont hunt.

Last edited:
:) By the way I live on a huge ranch that has alot of hunting Elk,Mule Deer,Turkeys etc but there is a hunters ethic and you just do not break that ethic.It is important to respect the animal you want to hunt much like alot of Native Americans believe.In Europe when they make a kill they dont pose in the picture smiling with their kill unlike most Americans do ,they are very humble about what just happened so they dont grin ear to ear because its dissrespectful to the animal.

jpmcgrew said:
:) By the way I live on a huge ranch that has alot of hunting Elk,Mule Deer,Turkeys etc but there is a hunters ethic and you just do not break that ethic.It is important to respect the animal you want to hunt much like alot of Native Americans believe.In Europe when they make a kill they dont pose in the picture smiling with their kill unlike most Americans do ,they are very humble about what just happened so they dont grin ear to ear because its dissrespectful to the animal.
That is what i respect. thx for posting.

:) Uncle Bob,DH said it looked like they set the kid back further for photo to make it look bigger.It was also said when they had got the first Hogzilla that was that big they must have taken different hog parts of other hogs to create that big of a hog they also had supposedly buried the original before taking its photo to let decompose so it would be hard to really know its size.I guarantee they would have taken tons of pictures before putting that big of a hog in the ground.This one looks real but who really knows unless you were there.Looks pretty real to me.

Miss JPM...

I've seen a lot of 1000 lb steers, so I dunno. It 'appears' that the kid is leaning on the hog. Anyway I only believe 1/2 of what I see and almost 0 of what I read on the net...Ha! Ha!

Wonder where they plan on hanging the head? They had some pretty big boars on the TV series Lost. If they had Emeril to make sausage, they might still be on the air.

I believe the size of the animal was true.....I just don't believe the kid was on the honor roll!!! :LOL:

:neutral: BIGGER than Hogzilla
The caliper pistol this kid used is too big for a kid to shoot it takes alot of strength to shoot a gun that big and actually hit your target no wonder 8 shots later he still didnt manage to take it down.

Last edited:
LOL @ taking over 3 hours and multiple rounds with a .50 Caliber to kill a hog in an enclosed area.

LOL Louder at it being "His Biggest Accomplishment"

This will probably ring true when he ends up bagging groceries at Kroger.

id wanna picture next to that thing.

I also wonder if i can get a piece of that to eat just to say i ate the biggest hog in the world.

Mylegsbig said:
LOL @ taking over 3 hours and multiple rounds with a .50 Caliber to kill a hog in an enclosed area.

LOL Louder at it being "His Biggest Accomplishment"

This will probably ring true when he ends up bagging groceries at Kroger.

It takes on a slightly different significance when you read the story and learn the "enclosed area" was a 2500 acre hunting preserve.

Back
Top Bottom