Paul Newman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
did anyone see the program Nightline with interview with Paul Newman? Has his own farm and people who are in charge of growing organics. Looked like the ideal kind of retirement to me. What a guy! Even in his 80's I can see him in Sundance Kid and Cool Hand Luke. Maybe that was before your time but in my mind it was just yesterday. Now those were movies. No crude scenes or foul language was necessary. I truly hope some of you got to see it.

He doesn't want to return to making movies. People seem so curious about age. When you accept who you are and what your life has been I don't think others should dismiss you when you have white hair. It looks pretty good on Mr Newman.

Didn't see the show but has seen both the movies. He is still an awesome man and so respected by all - he is still THE MAN !

I'm definitely a Newman fan!! While "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid" & "Cool Hand Luke" weren't two of my favorites, I do like "Hud", "The Hustler", "From The Terrace", "The Long Hot Summer", etc., etc.

Newman will always be a classy guy.

Ok, he's a good actor, but, one thing comes to mind. If he doesn't want to return to films, why did he voice one of the major character in the movie "Cars", that came out last year?

Perhaps, Allen, monsieur Paul isn't as fit as he was in his younger days and a voice-over satisfied his acting desire. Besides, he got some bucks and, if you remember, he's closely associated with cars.

Just a thought.

Very true Katie, he was a race car driver, and of course an actor, so I suppose he combined two of his loves and probably enjoyed himself. As for his organic products In the Kitchen, they are great! He and his daughter contribute 100% of the monies to charities I think. I always buy their salsa, it is the best salsa I have ever had ( $2.59 per jar). Who wouldn't love ol' blue eyes? How many marriages last as long as his and Joanne Woodward.

AllenOK - 1) Voiceovers are not the same as acting in the flesh; 2) Even if he considered voiceovers as "acting", last year's film (which was probably completed the year before) is not "now", as in when he made this announcement; 3) Newman is known to love anything having to do with cars &/or racing; 4) What difference does it make?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom