Breakfast - Sunday June 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
Does anyone have any good breakfast ideas? I like to make a big breakfast on Sunday. I am thinking of making a fritatta and blueberry oatmeal scones but I'm not sure. I'd like to have pancakes but my husband said "
no fatcakes"

Mish posted a potatoe frittata quite some time ago and I cannot find it. Basically this is her recipe as I wrote it down;

4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces ( or whole and then cut it up or crumble)
2 medium potatoes, 1/4" thick (2 cups) or use canned potatoes as I did
6 beaten eggs
1/4 c milk
salt and pepper
1 1/2 c parmesan cheese
1/2 c scallions
2 T fresh basil
salsa, sour cream, red pepper flakes (as much as you like for topping)

Cook bacon, drain , add potatoes, brown. Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, basil, parmesan, scallions. Spread potatoes in pan, pour egg mixture on potatoes. Cover and cook. Top with salsa, red pepper flakes, bacon, and sour cream.

I think this would serve three people, since it calls for six eggs. I highly recommend this recipe.

This time of year, with strawberries in abundance, I'd go with strawberry cream cheese blintzes, smothered in strawberry compote, a mixed berry salad with honey yogurt dressing, My Lady's Kiss cocktails, and a Strawberry Julius for the designated driver.

Amber - that recipe sounds good, the frittato I usually make is similar but this one sounds easier, so I may try it here shortly after we walk the dogs.

Caine - how do you make strawberry cream cheese blintzes - OMG that sounds wonderful!

I'm still considering the "fatcakes" as my husband calls them....

Thanks, Amber! You have a good memory. (Wow. Have I been around here that long?:LOL: ) I may make it for dinner (with sliced avocados and strawberries), one night soon. Gald you likey. ;)

frittata-11278.html#post120262

Last edited:
you all have much more interesting breakfasts then i do! this morning i had toast with pb & j and half of a banana.
that's fancy for me too! it's usally just cereal.
the frittata sounds great!

I had panini del Monte Cristo with a dollop of strawberry preserves, and a big glass of Ovaltine.

A blintz is, basically, a stuffed crepe. So make crepes, or buy frozen crepes, place a couple of tablespoons of strawberry cream cheese filling (see below) in the center, fold crepe over filling, then brown on both sides in a frying pan with melted butter. Serve with warm strawberry compote poured over the top.

Strawberry Ceam Cheese Blintz Filling

1 cup diced strawberries
1/4 cup brandy
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 egg yolk

Place strawberries in saucepan with brandy and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 30 minutes. Beat together cheeses, butter and sugar until creamy. Add sour cream and egg yolk and mix well. Drain strawberries and add to cream mixture.

No one asked, but I am sure they will, so

My Lady's Kiss

Two 12 oz wine goblets

1 12-ounce can Kern's strawberry nectar

1 bottle Ballatore Spumante Rosso

Thick strawberry slices

Divide strawberry nectar between two goblets. Pour Spumante Rosso directly down center of nectar until glass is almost full. Garnish with strawberry slice(es).

BTW, I do have My Lady's Kiss registered!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom