Supper Tuesday 6/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Up early early this morning soooo..Put on a small pot of french onion soup and have some foccacia baking. Will be making foccacia BLT's with avocado for supper and a nice bowl of the soup...Have some vanilla ice cream left so will sandwich that between two molasses cookies and that will be supper for us...
What are you planning?

kadesma:)

I have chicken left from the rotissorie the other night, so I guess I'll make chicken salad tonight.

I bought some swordfish today and plan on making swordfish in a creamy vermouth sauce. Rice Pilaf and carrots. It was the same dinner plan I had last weekend, but it kept getting post postponed.

Trying to create that NYTimes bread. Not being very successful, but we'll see. It's in the last two hour rising stage and risin ain't happening:(

DH is so fond of those yellow summer squash things shaped like stars and I found a big basket of them on sale yesterday, also found a plastic basket of snow peas so with salt/pepper/onion/garlic/butter/olive oil, a huge batch of his favorite veggies will be on the table.

Just now took a package of b/less, s/less chicken breasts out of the freezer and am trying to figure out what to do with the little cluckers. Okay, Freebie Recipes | Poultry - Olive Garden Chicken Marsala Recipe.
now my only question is, can I substitute marsala wine with another kind of wine (in this house, I have 46 bottles) or do I have to go to the market for it specifically?:mellow: Caine, please refrain;)

Last edited:
Homemade calzones are on the menu here, tonight. DH's will be stuffed with roasted peppers, mushrooms and garlic, while Sof's and mine will have garlic and spinach. Tossed salad and watermellon for dessert.

1`st BBQ of the year, I got turkey steaks done in my Super-hyper-mega-secret marinade, baby potatoes, mushrooms and baby onions (all oiled and spiced and skewered) and ready to chuck on the Barby when my Daughters gone to bed.

did I mention the 60+ tins of beer???

The kitchen is closed for tonight as we are going for our anniversary dinner at a well-known Chinese restaurant.

LEFSElover said:
Trying to create that NYTimes bread. Not being very successful, but we'll see. It's in the last two hour rising stage and risin ain't happening:(

;)

me too, on the NY Times bread. Mines in the oven but I think mine is looking pretty good!

Leftovers, besides the bread, some of the spinach casserole and chicken salad. Am about to make the first custard for ice cream, to be made tomorrow:) . We are expecting the hotest weather of the season by the end of the week. Want ice cream on hand for a delish supper:ohmy:

Just fixing breakfast tonight - eggs, cornbeef hash and toast.
Little tired from "Girls night out" ! :whistling

Last edited:
i will be making \newurl{http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f23/what-a-sandwich-35526.html,this} thanks to the great thread by constance ...

PA Baker said:
Homemade calzones are on the menu here, tonight. DH's will be stuffed with roasted peppers, mushrooms and garlic, while Sof's and mine will have garlic and spinach. Tossed salad and watermellon for dessert.
havn't made calzones in so long! should keep those in mind, thx for the reminder!:chef:

We had beans baking the oven all day so that was dinner tonight. we were planning on baking potatoes or buns but didn't get around to either. There was also a fresh loaf of bread out of the bread machine which i thought of having. but i ended up just pairing my beans with some mini pita that we had around.

The beans were awesome!:chef:

Comfort food tonight. Cheddar cheesey chicken breasts w asparagus (some left over from yesterday), roasted brussels sprouts w butter, lemon juice, s&p, and buttered parslied broad egg noodles. Later fruit salad - chunks of can't elope, honey do, red & green grapes & strawberries. The kitchen smells goood.

Back
Top Bottom